The Entertainment System Is Down Update: Ruben Östlund Talks Disaster Movie

Forum 3 months ago

The Entertainment System Is Down Update: Ruben Östlund Talks Disaster Movie

Triangle of Sadness director Ruben Östlund has opened up about his upcoming project titled The Entertainment System is Down, which is being described as an airplane disaster movie.

Speaking with Deadline, the acclaimed Swedish filmmaker has shared an update regarding the current status of The Entertainment System is Down, confirming that he might start filming the movie in early 2025.

“It’s being translated into English. We’ll be going everywhere for the casting… The aim is to shoot in early 2025,” Östlund said.

What to expect from The Entertainment System is Down?

In addition, Östlund also revealed a few plot details about The Entertainment System is Down, which will take place during a long-haul flight when passengers begin to panic after the plane’s entertainment system fails. He also admitted how challenging it was for him to the write the project’s screenplay, especially when the story just revolves around one place.

“Modern human beings are used to being able to distract themselves with screens, we’re never bored. Soon after take-off on this long-haul flight – I was thinking something like London to Sydney – the passengers get the horrible news that the entertainment system is not working. As their iPhones and iPads start charging out, they’re doomed to analogue boredom.”

He added, “It’s been a great challenge to write the script because you’re very limited when it comes to creating dynamic, nuance, and energy in one closed environment like that. So, it took a long time but I think I’ve managed to do something dynamic, even if it takes place in one place.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner
Forum | 3 days ago

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner