The Iron Claw’s Harris Dickinson on Meeting the Real Kevin Von Erich: ‘Just the Nicest Man’

Forum 4 months ago

The Iron Claw’s Harris Dickinson on Meeting the Real Kevin Von Erich: ‘Just the Nicest Man’

Harris Dickinson says the real Kevin Von Erich was “the nicest man” when they met at the premiere of The Iron Claw.

Dickinson plays David Von Erich in The Iron Claw, a new film written and directed by Sean Durkin that tells the tragic story of the Von Erich family. Speaking with GQ, Dickinson was asked if he ever got a chance to meet the real-life Kevin Von Erich or Ric Flair, played by Aaron Dean Eisenberg in the A24 film.

“No, I’ve never met Ric,” Dickinson answered. “I’d love to meet Ric, I’ve heard he’s a character. But Kevin was at the premiere in Dallas, and that was really sweet. It was really lovely to meet him. Just the nicest man, and he has come through all that he’s dealt with in such a beautiful way. I think he loved the film a lot. He said he felt like he’d seen his brothers again and he felt like he’d been very close to the story, which is obviously the best kind of compliment you can get.”

What is The Iron Claw about?

“The true story of the inseparable Von Erich brothers, who made history in the intensely competitive world of professional wrestling in the early 1980s,” reads the synopsis. “Through tragedy and triumph, under the shadow of their domineering father and coach, the brothers seek larger-than-life immortality on the biggest stage in sports.”

Zac Efron plays Kevin in The Iron Claw alongside Dickinson, while Jeremy Allen White plays Kerry Von Erich and Stanley Simons plays Mike Von Erich. Holt McCallany plays their father, Fritz, and Maura Tierney their mother, Doris.

Tessa Ross, Juliette Howell, Angus Lamont from House Productions, Durkin, and A24 produced The Iron Claw, while Derrin Schlesinger and Harrison Huffman for House Productions, Len Blavatnik and Danny Cohen from Access Entertainment, and Eva Yates from BBC Film served as executive producers.

The Iron Claw is currently playing in United States theaters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 3 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd