Interview With the Vampire Star Teases Louis’ Challenging Season 2 Storyline

Forum 3 months ago

Interview With the Vampire Star Teases Louis’ Challenging Season 2 Storyline

Ahead of its return in 2024, Interview With the Vampire star Jacob Anderson shared what fans can expect to see from his character Louis’ Season 2 storyline. Speaking with EW, Anderson teased the aftermath of Louis and Claudia’s betrayal against Lestat, which would greatly affect the dynamic between the father-and-daughter vampire duo.

Anderson also confirmed that Louis’ guilt of betraying Lestat will continue to haunt him throughout the season. The Game of Thrones vet also opened up about his character’s challenging journey in Season 2.

“The theme of season 2 is this idea of memory is a monster, and how memory and guilt can follow you around,” Anderson said. “When we meet Claudia and Louis in season 2, they’re dealing with the psychological and literal repercussions of what they did together. With Louis, you definitely get a sense there was some hesitance on his part — he didn’t really go through with it, he pulled back from the decision at the last minute, because he is very in love with this fellow monster. That creates tension between the two of them, Louis and Claudia, that they weren’t exactly on the same page, so for those two to be together now in an unfamiliar territory creates a lot of drama.”

He added, “There are things that I can’t talk about in this season that were really challenging and really shocking to me, and I’ve learned a lot of things about Louis and myself,” he says. “Another big theme in the show is that of endurance and resilience, and because of what Louis is experiencing this season, I’ve definitely learned that my own mind is more resilient than I thought it was. It’s more robust. I can withstand more madness than I thought I could. It’s been really fulfilling and challenging and fun.”

What to expect in Interview with the Vampire Season 2?

Interview With the Vampire is written and executive produced by Emmy nominee Rolin Jones, who also serves as the showrunner. The series follows Louis de Pointe du Lac, Lestat de Lioncourt, and Claudia’s epic story of love, blood, and the perils of immortality, as told to journalist Daniel Molloy.

“Season 2 will see Louis and Claudia in Paris, far from New Orleans and Lestat, whom was left just barely alive after Claudia fed him the blood of the dead and Louis slit his throat,” reads the logline (via TV Insider). “Louis couldn’t burn Lestat’s body and bring his immortal life to an end. He threw him in his coffin that locked from the inside instead, and the coffin was schlepped to the dump when the trash was taken out. There, Lestat revived himself on the blood of rats.”

It is executive produced by Mark Johnson and Christopher Rice. Season 2 will star Jacob Anderson as Louis de Pointe du Lac, Sam Reid as Lestat de Lioncourt, Delainey Hayles as Claudia, Ben Daniels as Santiago, Eric Bogosian as Daniel Molloy, Assad Zaman as Armand, and more.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 17 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 17 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me