Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 Not Greenlit Yet, Says Blumhouse Producer

Forum 3 months ago

Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 Not Greenlit Yet, Says Blumhouse Producer

Despite the first film being a huge financial success, Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 has yet to be officially greenlit at Blumhouse. But it’s nothing abnormal, says producer Ryan Turek.

Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 Not Officially Open for Business Yet

Speaking with Collider about all things Blumhouse, Turek was asked about an official word on a sequel to 2023’s hit horror game adaptation, given it made a huge amount of money, and his response was understandably a little cautious.

”That movie made so much money,” said Turek in response. ”It was a huge success, and we’re grateful for that. Emma [Tammi] did such a great job, but we’re still waiting for the green light on that. We’ll see.”

While that may seem surprising, Turek insists ”it’s not crazy. It’s just part of the process, I think.”

While stablemate M3GAN got a swift green light following its early success, the conservative nature of Five Nights at Freddy’s day and date streaming release alongside its theatrical release suggests there wasn’t the exact same level of confidence in it as there was for high-profile Blumhouse titles such as M3GAN, The Black Phone, and The Exorcist: Believer. All of which have already had sequels greenlit.

A sequel does seem inevitable, though, after the first movie raked in over $300 million at the box office to become Blumhouse’s biggest movie of all time on a relatively humble budget of around $25 million.

It had been previously reported that Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 was set for a Spring 2024 shoot with a quick turnover for a Halloween theatrical release. That could still be the case once the green light is given.

Five Nights at Freddy’s came out October 27, 2023, and it follows a troubled security guard as he begins working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the night shift at Freddy’s won’t be so easy to make it through.

Five Nights at Freddy’s was directed and co-written by Emma Tammi, and stars Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games), Piper Rubio, Elizabeth Lail, and Matthew Lillard (Scream).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 23 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties
Forum | 3 days ago

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties