Jordan Peele on His Next Film: ‘[It] Could Be My Favorite Movie if I Make It Right’

Forum 3 months ago

Jordan Peele on His Next Film: ‘[It] Could Be My Favorite Movie if I Make It Right’

Jordan Peele has given an update about his next movie.

Speaking on the Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend podcast, per Variety, Peele discussed his upcoming next film, which now won’t begin filming until later this year after it was pushed back because of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) and Writers Guild of America (WGA) 2023 strikes.

“This has been…obviously, it’s been an interesting year because the writer’s strike had had me in a state of listening, and that’s where I need to be,” Peele said. “I do feel like my next project is clear to me, and I’m psyched that I have another film that, you know, could be my favorite movie if I make it right.”

What movies has Jordan Peele made so far?

Peele made his feature film directorial debut in 2017 with Get Out, which he also wrote and produced. The movie — which starred Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Bradley Whitford, and Catherine Keener — earned Peele an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, while he was also nominated for Best Picture and Best Director.

His next film, Us, hit United States theaters in March 2019. The psychological horror thriller starred Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Elisabeth Moss, Shahadi Wright Joseph, and Evan Alex.

In 2022, Peele released his third and latest film, Nope, which reunited him with Kaluuya, while Keke Palmer, Steven Yeun, Michael Wincott, and Brandon Perea also starred in the movie. Additionally, Peele served as a writer and producer on 2016’s Keanu, 2021’s Candyman, and 2022’s Wendell & Wild, while he also produced 2018’s BlacKkKlansman.

Plot details are being kept under wraps for Peele’s next project at this time. The movie was originally eyeing a Christmas 2024 release but was recently taken off Universal and Monkeypaw Productions’ calendar because of the Hollywood strikes.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 1 week ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage