Thunderbolts: Steven Yeun No Longer Playing the Sentry in MCU Movie

Forum 3 months ago

Thunderbolts: Steven Yeun No Longer Playing the Sentry in MCU Movie

Steven Yeun is no longer starring in Marvel Studios’ Thunderbolts.

Per The Holywood Reporter, Yeun has dropped out of Thunderbolts, an upcoming MCU movie being directed by Jake Schreier. The Hollywood Reporter’s report suggests the reason for Yeun’s departure is because of scheduling conflicts. The article reads, “Thunderbolts was struck by last year’s dual writers and actors strikes, which put schedules in disarray across Hollywood.”

While Marvel never officially confirmed the casting, Yeun boarded Thunderbolts in February 2023 in an undisclosed role. Rumors quickly surfaced that he would be playing the Sentry, which was confirmed by Robert Kirkman in November 2023.

“My good friend Steven Yeun is playing the Sentry in a movie … He called me, he went in for a costume fitting,” Kirkman said at the time. “I don’t think this is a spoiler or anything that’ll get anybody in trouble … I don’t know, maybe, we’ll see. I don’t care, I don’t work for Marvel, what are they going to do to me? He said, ‘I just came back from a costume fitting for the Sentry. I guess I only do superheroes that are yellow and blue.’ He said he was at the costume fitting and was like, ‘Oh crap, I forgot Invincible is yellow and blue.’”

Whether or not the role Yeun’s role will be recast or written out of the movie is unclear at this time.

What do we know about Marvel’s Thunderbolts?

Announced in June 2022, Thunderbolts was originally supposed to begin filming in June 2023 but was delayed because of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA) and Writers Guild of America (WGA) strikes.

The movie will star Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier, Hannah John-Kamen as Ghost, Wyatt Russell as U.S. Agent, Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova, David Harbour as Red Guardian, Olga Kurylenko as Taskmaster, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine.

Thunderbolts is currently scheduled to release in United States theaters on July 25, 2025, from Marvel Studios.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut
Forum | 5 days ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 6 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 6 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up