Barbie’s Ryan Gosling Addresses Rumored ‘I’m Just Ken’ Performance at the Oscars

Forum 3 months ago

Barbie’s Ryan Gosling Addresses Rumored ‘I’m Just Ken’ Performance at the Oscars

Will Ryan Gosling perform “I’m Just Ken” from Barbie at the 2024 Oscars? That is one of the burning questions this award season.

“I’m Just Ken” made the shortlist for Best Original Song. Traditionally, the five nominated songs are performed during the Oscars’ telecast, so if “I’m Just Ken” receives a nomination, Gosling could find himself onstage singing his popular anthem to the world.

In an interview with W Magazine, Gosling was asked about performing “I’m Just Ken” at the Oscars. Unfortunately, Gosling elected to beat around the bush and poke fun at the thought of performing.

“Well, I haven’t been invited,” Gosling said. “And I wasn’t thinking about it until now, and now it’s all I’m going to think about. Do you get paid to sing at the Oscars? Do you have to drive yourself? What kind of scratch is involved? They pick you up at least, right?”

What Are Barbie’s Chances at the 2024 Oscars?

Barbie is expected to be a major contender at the 2024 Oscars. The film will likely receive double-digit nominations and has a chance to be the most nominated film at this year’s ceremony.

Barbie is expected to compete for nominations in the following categories: Best Picture, Director (Greta Gerwig), Actress (Margot Robbie), Supporting Actor (Gosling), Supporting Actress (America Ferrera), Orginal Screenplay, Orginal Score, Original Song, Sound, Production Design, Cinematography, Costume Design, and Film Editing.

Directed by Greta Gerwig, Barbie stars Margot Robbie as the titular doll, who travels to the real world with Ken (Gosling) after a crisis of faith leads to strange occurrences in Barbieland. Barbie is the highest-grossing film of 2023 at $1.4 billion. Barbie is currently available to stream on Max.

Nomination for the 2024 Oscars will be announced on January 23, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried
Forum | 2 days ago

Comedienne Tomama Addresses Ladies Worrying About Aging Yet Still Unmarried

Ryan Gosling Doesn’t Think The Nice Guys 2 Will Ever Happen
Forum | 3 days ago

Ryan Gosling Doesn’t Think The Nice Guys 2 Will Ever Happen

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling
Forum | 1 week ago

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling