Love is Blind Season 5 Contestant Suing Netflix Over ‘Traumatic’ Experience with Reality Show

Forum 3 months ago

Love is Blind Season 5 Contestant Suing Netflix Over ‘Traumatic’ Experience with Reality Show

Love is Blind Season 5 contestant Renee Poche is suing production company Delirium TV and Netflix to nullify her contract with both companies following arbitration against her after she made claims against the reality show.

In an exclusive report from Variety, Poche spoke about her time on the show, in which she starred in the fifth season. Echoing other Season 5 contestant Tran Dang’s claims from a lawsuit several months ago, Poche alleged that, upon joining the show, she had her phone, passport, and driver’s license taken from her, and was forced to stay in a locked hotel room which she couldn’t leave unless a cast wrangler accompanied her.

Furthermore, Poche alleged that the man she ended up in a relationship with, Carter Well, was jobless, unhoused, had a substance abuse problem, and was violent toward her. Poche also claims that despite the issues, she was still forced to spend time alone with Wall both on and off camera, instances she claims were abusive throughout.

“My experience on ‘Love is Blind’ was traumatic,” Poche said in a statement to Variety. “I felt like a prisoner and had no support when I let Delirium know that I didn’t feel safe. I tried to deal with these emotions over time and eventually felt like I needed to share what had happened. I felt it was only right to let others know the truth of what all of the castmates had to endure.”

Poche calls time on the show ‘traumatic,’ and wants to share the truth of what happened

As soon as filming wrapped, Poche ended the relationship with Wall and began making remarks on social media about her time on the show. Following that, Delirium began private arbitration against Poche for what they claim was Poche violating her nondisclosure agreement.

According to Variety, Delirium is seeking $4 million in damages against Poche, who earned a total of about $8,000 from her time on the show.

Poche’s lawsuit, which was filed in Los Angeles superior court, aims to nullify her contract, and also has claims of intentional infliction of emotional distress, as well as allegations of the production company violating various California labor laws.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 1 day ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 2 days ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 2 days ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS