Nathan Fielder Was Actually Cursed By Someone Before Filming New Emma Stone Series

Forum 3 months ago

Nathan Fielder Was Actually Cursed By Someone Before Filming New Emma Stone Series

Nathan Fielder was actually cursed by a woman long before Showtime’s The Curse ever began airing.

Speaking with Variety, Benny Safdie, who co-created and stars in The Curse alongside Fielder, recalled how he and the Nathan For You star first met one another in 2016. They hung out for a number of years with no plans of making a television show; however, when Fielder told Safdie about an odd encounter he had with a woman, the idea for The Curse was born.

According to Safdie, Fielder had just moved from Canada to Los Angeles when he was walking into a cellphone store and a woman asked him for money. Not having anything on him at the time, the woman promptly said, “I curse you.” Taken aback, Fielder went to an ATM, gave her $20, and asked if the curse was lifted, to which she said it was.

“What if she wasn’t there? Your life is potentially over because you’ll never see her again,” Safdie pondered.

Safdie said the idea for The Curse was also inspired by watching hours upon hours of HGTV. “I’d sit and watch House Hunters, Fixer Upper, Flip or Flop, all of them. I became hypnotized by it,” he explained.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins