Heat 2 Will Be a Prequel and a Sequel, Filming Planned for 2024

Forum 3 months ago

Heat 2 Will Be a Prequel and a Sequel, Filming Planned for 2024

Heat 2, which is planning to begin production in 2024, will serve as both a prequel and a sequel to Michael Mann’s 1995 film.

Per Variety, Mann confirmed he plans to begin shooting Heat 2 in 2024. He’s currently finishing up the script to the film, which he described as both a “prequel and a sequel” to Heat.

In October 2023, Mann said, via Deadline, that he plans for Heat 2 to be his next movie following 2023’s Ferrari. He said at the time, “Meg Gardiner and myself wrote the novel Heat 2, which came out right when we were shooting Ferrari. It did very well. I plan to shoot that next.”

Heat 2 could star Adam Driver

Rumors have circulated that Adam Driver, who played Enzo Ferrari in Mann’s newest film, could be starring in the upcoming Heat sequel. When asked if there was any truth to the rumors, Mann said, “Perhaps. We don’t talk about that yet. Let me put it this way: Adam and I got along like a house on fire [on Ferrari]. We have the same work ethic – which is pretty intense. We like each other, and we had a great time working together artistically.”

Mann also told Entertainment Weekly in November 2023 that Driver was currently “in discussion” for Heat 2.

“There is anxiety, that you’re not going to pull it off, but you still go for it,” he said. “Adam has that quality, and that’s very similar to a whole number of actors that I like to work with, whether it’s Daniel [Day-Lewis] or Bob [De Niro] or Ansel Elgort for that matter. It’s also Mark Ruffalo. It’s an attitude about your work. And by the way, it’s not ‘work’ as a four-letter word. It’s work as a fantastic adventure, and why would you want to do it any other way?”

Heat 2 does not yet have a release date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

Joseph Quinn: Gladiator 2 Filming Was ‘A Little Scary’
Forum | 2 days ago

Joseph Quinn: Gladiator 2 Filming Was ‘A Little Scary’