Nobody 2: Connie Nielsen Confirms Bob Odenkirk Sequel Is Still in the Works

Forum 3 months ago

Nobody 2: Connie Nielsen Confirms Bob Odenkirk Sequel Is Still in the Works

Connie Nielsen says that a sequel to the Bob Odenkirk-starring Nobody is still happening.

Speaking with ComicBook.com, Nielsen confirmed that Nobody 2 was still in the works at this time. “Yeah, we are doing it but I can’t tell you anything about it yet,” she said.

In June 2021, director Ilya Naishuller told JoBlo that, while it hadn’t been officially greenlit by the studio at the time, a sequel to Nobody was being written. “There’s plenty of stories that can be told in this world, with the character Hutch. I know that Derek (Kolstad) has begun work on the sequel,” Naishuller said at the time.

In December 2022, producer Kelly McCormick confirmed to Collider the sequel was officially happening, though there’s been little news about the project since then.

Kolstad also previously told ComicBook.com that there could be multiple sequels to Nobody further on down the road. “With Nobody 2, 3, 4, or however they want to do, it’s going to be Bob Odenkirk bringing a soul and levity to a character that oftentimes is just simply a faceless denizen of badass-dom,” he said. “What he brings to it is love and hope and joy and that frailty of the smirk. Dude, I want to do this one forever. I know we always say those in the press but, God damn it, this is true.”

Who else starred in 2021’s Nobody?

Released in United States theaters in March 2021, Nobody saw Better Call Saul’s Odenkirk play a former assassin named Hutch Mansell. Nielsen played his wife, Becca, while the film also starred Christopher Lloyd, RZA, Aleksei Serebryakov, and Michael Ironside.

The film — which was produced by Odenkirk, David Leitch, Braden Aftergood, and Marc Provissiero along with McCormick — made approximately $57.5 million at the worldwide box office off of a budget of $16 million. It mostly received positive reviews from critics.

Nobody is currently streaming for free (with ads) on Amazon Freevee.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 5 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home