Brie Larson Gets Emotional After Meeting Jennifer Lopez for the First Time

Forum 3 months ago

Brie Larson Gets Emotional After Meeting Jennifer Lopez for the First Time

Brie Larson had an emotional moment prior to the 81st Golden Globe Awards, when she got to meet with Jennifer Lopez for the first time.

During a moment that has since gone viral, Larson was on the red carpet talking with ET when she immediately began panicking. The reason, she revealed, is that Jennifer Lopez was walking right behind her. Larson began saying she was going to cry, and Lopez quickly found her way up to the podium area where Larson was.

“Oh my God. I’m gonna cry,” Larson said as she closed her eyes. “I can’t deal with J. Lo.”

Larson praised Lopez as one of her idols

Larson said that Lopez was the reason she wanted to become an actor, and when the pair finally met, Larson confessed just how much Lopez has meant to her, and how much she wanted to meet her one day.

“You mean to much to me…I saw Selena and it made me want to be an actor,” said Larson. “And you’ve always meant so much to me, it’s just been a dream of mine. Your work ethic is so important. Thank you. I’ve been wanting to say that to you for a long time so I’m really — I didn’t think it was going to be right now. OK. I’m gonna have to go do a shot of tequila or something.”

Lopez starred in the 1997 biographical musical drama as Selena Quintanilla-Pérez, the Tejanjo music star who is often remembered as one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the 20th century.

Lopez’s portrayal received critical acclaim, and the film overall is remembered as one of the greatest biopics ever made, and was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” in 2021.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 1 day ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

9 to 5 Remake: Jennifer Aniston to Produce Modern Take on Classic Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

9 to 5 Remake: Jennifer Aniston to Produce Modern Take on Classic Comedy