Fool Me Once Author Harlan Coben Teases Future Netflix Adaptations

Forum 3 months ago

Fool Me Once Author Harlan Coben Teases Future Netflix Adaptations

Fool Me Once author Harlan Coben is already talking future Netflix adaptations following the success of the mystery thriller series. Since its arrival on the first day of the new year, Fool Me Once nabbed 37,100,000 views and was watched for 238,200,000 hours on Netflix’s global charts.

Speaking to RadioTimes.com, Coben addressed the possibility of a Fool Me Once spin-off centered around Adeel Akhtar’s Detective Sergeant Sami Kierce: “If Adeel wants to do it and we all want to do it, I would love to spin-off and do something with Adeel again. He’s an unusual talent and fun to work with. I love the dynamic between him and Dino as Marty.”

Coben also gave an update on other Netflix adaptations in the works, saying: “We still have a few [books] left! We’re doing one right now in Poland based off my book Just One Look, we’re filming and Netflix Poland is working on. Also working on one in South America, believe it or not.”

He continued: “There’s no doubt that if Netflix wants us back, which hopefully everyone watching will make this happen, I’ll be working with [executive producers] Nicola [Shindler], Richard [Fee] and [writer] Danny [Brocklehurst] on at least another one or two. We want to keep this going, we love this kind of yearly thing if we can.”

Wrapping up his comments, Coben hoped for a yearly tradition: “We skipped last year but we’d love to try doing it where we have that New Year’s Day release for everybody, they can watch us hungover and we can join them in the new year.”

What to know about Fool Me Once

The story follows Maya as she’s trying to come to grips with the brutal murder of her husband Joe. However, when Maya installs a nanny cam, she’s shocked to see a man that she recognizes in her house. It’s her husband, whom she believed to be dead. From there, Detective Sergeant Sami Kierce leads the homicide investigation into Joe’s death. But he has secrets of his own.

Along with Akhtar, the cast includes Michelle Keegan, Richard Armitage, Joanna Lumley, Emmett J. Scanlan, and Dino Fetscher.

Danny Brocklehurst (Brassic, Come Home) is credited as the lead writer, with the rest of the team including Charlotte Coben, Yemi Oyefuwa, Nina Metivier, and Tom Farrelly.

The project hails from Nicola Shindler’s Quay Street (After the Flood, Dead Hot). Shindler is also an executive producer alongside Coben, Danny Brocklehurst, and Richard Fee.

Fool Me Once is the eighth collaboration between Coben and Netflix. Other adaptations of Coben’s novels include The Stranger, Safe, and Stay Close. Harlan Coben’s Shelter also recently premiered on Prime Video, but was canceled after one season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 19 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 19 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation
Forum | 1 day ago

The Thursday Murder Club: Netflix Acquires Rights to Mystery Movie Adaptation