Margot Robbie Says She’d ‘Love’ to Star in One of Emerald Fennell’s Movies

Forum 3 months ago

Margot Robbie Says She’d ‘Love’ to Star in One of Emerald Fennell’s Movies

Margot Robbie would love to star in one of Emerald Fennell’s movies, should the proper stars align.

Robbie and her LuckyChap Entertainment production company have so far produced both of the feature films that Fennell has directed, 2020’s Promising Young Woman and 2023’s Saltburn.

Speaking with Deadline, Barbie’s Robbie was asked if there were any plans for her to star in one of Fennell’s movies.

“I would love to,” Robbie answered. “It’s a real act of self-control not to snatch up all the roles with her scripts, because all of them are so delicious. I’m trying to be really unselfish, because as truly tempting as they all are, we really didn’t start this company to make star vehicles. I also definitely never want to hold up a production. When Emerald has got a script ready to go, it’s ready to go. It’s not development. It’s not like, ‘Oh, in a year and a half we’ll start piecing this together.’ So, unless that lines up perfectly, I’m not going to be the person that holds it up.

“And it also ends up being an exciting way to work with other actresses we love. We’ve got our wishlist of actresses we love, and as soon as Emerald hands you a script, you’re like, ‘Oh, we could get them now.’”

Margot Robbie on collaborating with Emerald Fennell

Robbie also said about collaborating with Fennell, “We are so lucky to have built this relationship with Emerald. It started a long time ago, and it could easily have not been a thing, but we read a half-hour network pilot she wrote, and it was so different in tone from Promising Young Woman and Saltburn for sure. It was a pretty broad comedy. But it was undeniable that she was a unique voice, and that was why we wanted to meet her. As soon as we did, it was like, ‘You’re brilliant, we’ll do anything you want.’”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 23 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 23 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG