Ted Season 2 Is Addressed by Seth MacFarlane & Showrunners

Forum 3 months ago

Ted Season 2 Is Addressed by Seth MacFarlane & Showrunners

The possibility of Ted Season 2 was addressed by creator Seth MacFarlane, who tells TheWrap that a second installment depends on the appetite of the audience.

MacFarlane, who also voices the titular character, said: “I think we felt after Ted 2 that maybe the appetite for Ted in that forum was not quite as ravenous as it was after the first movie. So I don’t know, there would have to be a reason to do it. There has to be an audience for something like this. You don’t want to just keep rehashing the same character if no one’s watching. I guess there’s a lot of that today anyway, but it’s not really our first order of business, there really has to be an appetite.”

As for showrunner Brad Walsh, he shed light on where the story could go if Peacock renewed the series. “I think there’s a ton more stories to explore,” Walsh said. “I mean, we have this teenage, going into early 20s young man that is going through all these experiences and also has his family around him. We’ve told, what, seven stories so far? There’s plenty of room to explore and we’d love to explore it.”

Fellow showrunner Paul Corrigan agreed, saying: “This season is the junior year of high school. You can easily see senior year of high school or the beginnings of college, or what that looks like if it is college or not. I think it’d be great to explore that.”

What to know about Peacock’s Ted series

Consisting of seven episodes, the Ted show takes place in the early 1990s. It depicts the early life of the sentient teddy bear toy named Ted, showcasing the teddy bear’s life with John Bennett and his family in Framingham, Massachusetts.

The Ted cast, which does not include Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, and Amanda Seyfried, features Alanna Ubach, Giorgia Whigham (The Punisher, 13 Reasons Why), Max Burkholder (Parenthood), and Scott Grimes (The Orville). Ian McKellen narrates.

Along with MacFarlane, Corrigan, and Walsh, Ted is executive produced by Fuzzy Door Productions’ Erica Huggins, Alana Kleiman, Jason Clark, and Aimee Carlson. Fuzzy Door, MRC and UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, are producers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 1 day ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast
Forum | 1 day ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast