A Quiet Place: Day One Star Says Prequel Is ‘Not Really’ a Horror Movie

Forum 3 months ago

A Quiet Place: Day One Star Says Prequel Is ‘Not Really’ a Horror Movie

Speaking with Discussing Film, Hereditary star Alex Wolff opened up about his reunion with Pig filmmaker Michael Sarnoski in the highly-anticipated A Quiet Place: Day One. Wolff also teased that the post-apocalyptic prequel’s tone leans more toward drama than the horror genre, unlike previous installments.

“That’s not a horror movie, not really,” Wolff said. “I might get in trouble for saying that. It’s from the director of Pig, this film I did, so it’s very . . . It’s more a drama. It’s weird going from a $2 million movie to a $100 million movie, and working with the same director and in the same proximity [as the other actors]. There’s only about four or five characters in it. So it was kinda like making Pig, just on a massive scale.”

Who’s involved in A Quiet Place: Day One?

Based on an idea by John Krasinski, A Quiet Place: Day One is directed by Sarnoski, who is best known for his work in the critically-acclaimed 2021 drama Pig. The prequel will reportedly take place in New York City and follow a woman in her fight for survival against blind aliens who hunts people by sound.

The film will also star Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o, Stranger Things breakout Joseph Quinn, and True Blood vet Denis O’Hare. They will be joined by Djimon Hounsou, who will be reprising his role from A Quiet Place Part II.

A Quiet Place: Day One arrives in theaters on June 28, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 1 day ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel