Chad Stahelski to Have ‘Creative Oversight’ Over John Wick & Highlander Franchises

Forum 3 months ago

Chad Stahelski to Have ‘Creative Oversight’ Over John Wick & Highlander Franchises

It has been announced that John Wick director Chad Stahelski will have a major role in overseeing both that franchise and the Highlander reboot.

Lionsgate has revealed that Chad Stahelski, who helmed all four of the acclaimed John Wick movies, will indeed direct the upcoming Highlander reimagining. Stahelski will also have creative oversight over the Highlander and John Wick franchises across all media forms, including film and television. The studio notes that this will ensure that the “quality, tone, and vision remain consistent” in both major franchises.

“I am pleased to be able to grow my relationship with Lionsgate in this new oversight role for the John Wick universe and its further expansion,” Stahelski stated. “John Wick is so close to my heart and to be able to continue shepherding it will be a blast for me. I’m so happy to also be launching another franchise with Highlander, a world that is so rich with engaging stories to be told.”

Lionsgate also released a statement, with outgoing chair of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group Joe Drake and chair of the MPG Adam Fogelson saying:

“This deal expands on the great creative relationship we already have in place on John Wick and extends it to our Highlander franchise. From the outset, Chad has been the creative force defining the world of Wick; as we continue to think about the future for that world, we want Chad, working together with Basil Iwanyk and Erica Lee of Thunder Road, as our stewards guiding us and strategizing together at every step. This deal makes it official, and we look forward to his steady hand and creative input not just on the film he is making, but other stories that arise from it. He is a true visionary, and we are thrilled to have him in our corner.”

What will happen in the Highlander reboot?

Plot details for the new Highlander film remain unknown at this time; however, Stahelski told Josh Horowitz on the Happy Sad Confused podcast (via The Hollywood Reporter) in August 2023 that it will incorporate elements and characters from both the film franchise and the television series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 1 day ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell
Forum | 2 days ago

IF Video Shows The Office Reunion Between John Krasinski and Steve Carell