Dolph Lundgren on Aquaman 2 Role: ‘I Was Just Disappointed’

Forum 3 months ago

Dolph Lundgren on Aquaman 2 Role: ‘I Was Just Disappointed’

Iconic action star Dolph Lundgren has opened up about his role in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and how it was apparently reduced.

Speaking with ComicBook, Lundgren explained that the DC sequel’s original script apparently featured more of his character, King Nereus. The actor said that since his character was the father of Amber Heard’s character, his scenes were cut alongside her character’s.

“I just realized that it was some kind of corporate decision that they try to limit Amber Heard, and then I’m playing with her dad and went along with it,” Lundgren stated. “I was just disappointed for the moviegoers because I thought the original script was great and the original cut — I saw a little bit of it, it was really good, so I didn’t see any reason to start reshooting and reshaping the story, which obviously led to disappointment in the moviegoers and not just me.”

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom was once again directed by James Wan from a screenplay written by David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. The sequel featured the return of Jason Momoa as he reprised the leading role of Arthur Curry/Aquaman. He was joined by various returning cast members, including Patrick Wilson as Orm, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Amber Heard as Mera, and Randall Park as Dr. Stephen Shin.

What was the story of Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom?

“After failing to defeat Aquaman the first time, Black Manta wields the power of the mythic Black Trident to unleash an ancient and malevolent force,” reads the sequel‘s synopsis. “Hoping to end his reign of terror, Aquaman forges an unlikely alliance with his brother, Orm, the former king of Atlantis. Setting aside their differences, they join forces to protect their kingdom and save the world from irreversible destruction.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 1 week ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 2 weeks ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial