Daisy Ridley on Rey Skywalker Movie: ‘It’s a Fantastic Exploration of the Star Wars World’

Forum 3 months ago

Daisy Ridley on Rey Skywalker Movie: ‘It’s a Fantastic Exploration of the Star Wars World’

Star Wars sequel trilogy star Daisy Ridley has spoken a bit about the upcoming Rey Skywalker movie and why she was attracted to the project.

Speaking with AlloCiné, Ridley described the upcoming theatrical film as “a fantastic exploration of the Star Wars world,” and one that goes in a bit of a new direction for the franchise.

“I thought about it for a little bit,” Ridley explained. “Once I knew what the story was and everything, I knew it was something I really wanted to do. I think it’s a really fantastic exploration of the Star Wars world. It’s a really cool way of taking the story in a bit of a different direction.”

You can view the full interview below:

Who is directing the Rey Skywalker Star Wars movie?

The movie is being directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel) and written by Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight. It will star Daisy Ridley as Rey, who last appeared in Star Wars: The Rise of the Skywalker, which she described as her favorite filming experience.

As of now, the last Star Wars film released in theaters was also 2019’s The Rise of Skywalker. The film grossed over $1 billion at the worldwide box office, but the final installment in the sequel trilogy was the lowest-growing and received mixed reviews from fans and critics.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 2 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie