Big Bad: Former Scream 7 Director Joins Werewolf Thriller

Forum 3 months ago

Big Bad: Former Scream 7 Director Joins Werewolf Thriller

Lionsgate has acquired former Scream 7 director Christopher Landon to direct an adaptation of the werewolf short story Big Bad by Chandler Baker.

Big Bad Heads to the Big Screen

According to Deadline, Baker is being put in charge of adapting her work, which originally featured as part of the anthology book Creature Feature published last year. She is best known for the bestseller Whisper Network.

In Big Bad the story goes as follows. The Strauss family is on a knife’s edge. Sam is a resentful stay-at-home dad. Rachel feels the restlessness in her blood returning. Their children are getting out of hand. And a recent mudslide has forced the wolves out of the woods to look for food. As dusk falls and tensions rise, the family must come together to survive the night — from the threats outside and those within.

Christopher Landon has tackled horror plenty in his directorial career, helming the likes of Happy Death Day, Freaky, and Netflix family horror We Have a Ghost. In addition to Big Bad, landon is on board for a remake of 1990’s Arachnophobia. He’s also been a writer on several Paranormal Activity movies.

Landon exited Scream 7 after Mellissa Barrera was fired over criticism of Israel’s war on Palestine. Co-star Jenna Ortega also exited the slasher sequel due to scheduling conflicts. Landon quit and said in a statement. ”It was a dream job that turned into a nightmare. And my heart did break for everyone involved. Everyone. But it’s time to move on. I have nothing more to add to the conversation other than I hope Wes’ legacy thrives and lifts above the din of a divided world. What he and Kevin created is something amazing, and I was honored to have even the briefest moment basking in their glow.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tracker: Jensen Ackles Joins Justin Hartley-Led Series
Forum | 13 hours ago

Tracker: Jensen Ackles Joins Justin Hartley-Led Series

Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’
Forum | 21 hours ago

Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 21 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced
Forum | 1 day ago

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced