Ludacris BET+ Dramedy Series in Development, Based on Rapper’s Life

Forum 3 months ago

Ludacris BET+ Dramedy Series in Development, Based on Rapper’s Life

A dramedy series is in development at BET+ that would draw inspiration from the life of rapper and actor Ludacris. In particular, the untitled project will look at Ludacris’ experience ascending in the competitive music scene of Atlanta while he was known as DJ Chris Lova Lova.

It’ll also explore the “misadventures of a sharply drawn ensemble”, according to The Hollywood Reporter, as they’re willing to do just about anything to strengthen the ratings at their fledging hip-hop station.

Who is the team behind Ludacris’ upcoming series?

Noah Gardenswartz (Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) will executive produce and write the script for the potential show, which is currently in the developmental phase. Chris Bridges, better known as Ludacris, is involved as executive producer and music supervisor. The dramedy hails from Universal Television and Disturbing Tha Peace, which is the label Ludacris started in the 1990s with his manager Chaka Zulu, who also executive produces.

Comedian, writer, and actor Larry Wilmore also executive produces, as does Malcolm D. Lee, Dominique Telso, Disturbing Tha Peace’s Jeff Dixon, Josh Bratman, and Polygram Entertainment’s David Blackman. The project is for Ludacris with Universal, who is known for playing Tej in Universal’s Fast and the Furious franchise.

Ludacris’ other acting credits include Crash, Hustle & Flow, Show Dogs, Max Payne, No Strings Attached, and the 2022 Netflix action-comedy End of the Road. Ludacris has won three Grammy Awards and MTV Video Music Award, in addition to a SAG Award for his ensemble work in Crash.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 3 days ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 3 days ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 3 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish