Ted Lasso Return Possible: ‘There Are Always Conversations That Are Ongoing’

Forum 3 months ago

Ted Lasso Return Possible: ‘There Are Always Conversations That Are Ongoing’

Though the series ended last year, it sounds as though Ted Lasso could still make a return at some point in the future.

Variety spoke with Warner Bros. TV Group chairman Channing Dungey about the company’s programming and future. At one point in the discussion, the chairman said he “wouldn’t put a period on the end of that sentence” in regards to Ted Lasso, as conversations are always ongoing about returning to the show.

“I mean, you watched the finale, there’s a little bit of a door that could be kicked back open if need be,” Dungey stated. “I wouldn’t put the period on the end of that sentence just yet. There is still a lot of love for Ted Lasso. And I think that there still is a lot of enthusiasm on the part of Apple for Ted Lasso. Should the opportunity arise, we’d be excited to jump back in to making more … There are always conversations that are ongoing, just nothing that’s official.”

Ted Lasso was developed by Jason Sudeikis, Bill Lawrence, Brendan Hunt, and Joe Kelly. Executive producers were Sudeikis, Lawrence, Jeff Ingold, and Liza Katzer. It was a production by Warner Bros. Television and Universal Television.

Who starred in Ted Lasso?

Ted Lasso starred Sudeikis (Saturday Night Live), Hannah Waddingham (Game of Thrones), Brendan Hunt (We’re the Millers), Jeremy Swift (Downton Abbey), Juno Temple (The Other Boleyn Girl), Brett Goldstein (Derek), Phil Dunster (The Good Liar), and Nick Mohammed (Intelligence).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anthony Joshua confirms date, venue of next fight, possible opponents
Forum | 7 hours ago

Anthony Joshua confirms date, venue of next fight, possible opponents

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 day ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie