Julianne Moore to Star in Pedro Almodóvar’s The Room Next Door

Forum 3 months ago

Julianne Moore to Star in Pedro Almodóvar’s The Room Next Door

Julianne Moore is set to star in Pedro Almodóvar‘s first full-length English language film, The Room Next Door. Moore headlines The Room Next Door alongside Tilda Swinton, who collaborated with Almodóvar on the short film The Human Voice. El Deseo, Almodóvar’s production company, confirmed the news with a reshare on social media.

View the post below:

What to Expect in Pedro Almodóvar’s The Room Next Door?

Plot information and character details have not been revealed. However, the Instagram post reads, “The actresses are placed under the command of the director from La Mancha in a drama between mother and daughter that will be filmed in the spring in New York and Madrid and will be his first film shot in English.”

Almodóvar has previously made English-language short films but not features. These shorts include 2020’s The Human Voice and 2023’s Strange Way of Life, the latter starring Ethan Hawke and Pedro Pascal.

Almodóvar’s last feature film was 2021’s Parallel Mothers with Penélope Cruz, who received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. Almodóvar has won two Oscars: Best Foreign Language Film for 1999’s All About My Mother and Best Original Screenplay for 2002’s Talk to Her.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama