Catch Me A Killer Trailer Focuses on South Africa’s First Serial Killer Profiler

Forum 3 months ago

Catch Me A Killer Trailer Focuses on South Africa’s First Serial Killer Profiler

The trailer for Catch Me A Killer focuses on South Africa’s first serial killer profiler, previewing the Showmax crime drama that will debut on February 12. From there, it will release new episodes until April 10.

“Catch Me A Killer is the true story of the first serial killer profiler in South Africa,” shares lead actress Charlotte Hope, who played Myranda in Game of Thrones in addition to headlining Starz’s The Spanish Princess as Catherine of Aragon. “She is called Micki Pistorius and, frankly, she’s amazing.”

Check out the Catch Me A Killer trailer below

What’s Catch Me A Killer about?

The series is adapted from the memoir of the same name. It tells the story of Mickey Pistorius, a newly qualified forensic psychologist, as she starts down the road of tracking down South Africa’s most feared killers. It’s promised that each episode will examine one of her cases from the so-called Cleveland Killer to Stewart ‘Boetie Boer’ Wilken.

SAFTA winner Amy Jephta (Oscar entry Barakat, Devil’s Peak, Showmax Original Skemerdans) is the lead writer alongside the likes of Sarah Hooper (Shameless), Jessica Ruston (Harlots), and Oliver Frampton (Sister Boniface Mysteries). Among other episodes, Amy scripts the two-part pilot, which tells the story of the Station Strangler. It’s a co-production between Showmax and Germany’s Night Train Media.

Along with Steven Ward (One Piece) and newcomer Donna Cormack-Thomson as series regulars, the supporting cast includes Lemogang Tsipa (Shaka iLembe), Waldemar Schultz (Die Byl), Ivan Zimmermann (Alles Malan), Frank Rautenbach (Lioness, Summertide), Silwerskerm winner Carel Nel (Gaia), and SAFTA winner Louw Venter (Swartwater) alongside SAFTA nominees Albert Pretorius (Spinners) and Sean Cameron Michael (Fried Barry) as Stewart ‘Boetie Boer’ Wilken and FBI profiler Robert Ressler respectively.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 21 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 23 hours ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser Trailer Previews Animated Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser Trailer Previews Animated Spin-off

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy