Pharrell Williams Is Making a LEGO Movie About His Life, 2024 Release Date Planned

Forum 2 months ago

Pharrell Williams Is Making a LEGO Movie About His Life, 2024 Release Date Planned

Pharrell Williams is making a movie, Piece by Piece, about his life made with LEGO animation.

Per Deadline, Focus Features will release Piece by Piece, which is directed by 20 Feet from Stardom and Won’t You Be My Neighbor?’s Morgan Neville, in theaters on October 11, 2024.

Williams posted about the movie on his Instagram, saying, “Who would’ve thought that playing with Legos as a kid would evolve into a movie about my life. It’s proof that anyone else can do it too.”

Check out the Instagram post below:

Williams is producing Piece by Piece with Neville, Caitrin Rogers, Mimi Valdés, and Shani Saxon, while Jill Wilfert and Keith Malone serve as executive producers.

Williams and Neville on making Piece by Piece

“When I had this crazy vision to tell this story through LEGO bricks, I couldn’t have imagined a better partner than Morgan. He is a legend,” Williams said. “Grateful that Focus wanted to collaborate with us and I’m honored to share this with the world and bring people into my universe. Building with LEGO bricks encourages us to follow our imagination…who would’ve thought that playing with these toys as a kid would evolve into a movie about my life. It’s proof that anyone else can do it too.”

Neville added, “Five years ago, Pharrell Williams approached me with the idea of helping him tell his story through LEGO animation. It was one of those rare moments where I knew in a second that this was a journey I wanted to go on. I’m grateful to our partners at Focus Features and at the LEGO Group for their belief in our crazy mission. We assembled an incredible team of creative collaborators to help make a new type of film. I can’t wait for people to see it.”

Piece by Piece releases in theaters on October 11, 2024, from Focus Features.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams
Forum | 1 day ago

Brian Tyree Henry Joins Universal’s New Musical From Pharrell Williams

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+
Forum | 1 day ago

Presumed Innocent: Premiere Release Date Moved Up by Apple TV+