Wilder & Me Cast: Christoph Waltz, Maya Hawke & More Join Billy Wilder Movie

Forum 2 months ago

Wilder & Me Cast: Christoph Waltz, Maya Hawke & More Join Billy Wilder Movie

According to Deadline, Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained), Maya Hawke (Stranger Things), John Turturro (The Big Lebowski), and Jon Hamm (Mad Men) have signed on for the leading roles in Stephen Frears’ upcoming Wilder & Me movie.

The projects centers around a young musician who gets a chance to work on the set of legendary filmmaker Bill Wilder’s movie Fedora. Production is expected to begin in early 2025 in Greece.

What to expect in Wilder & Me?

Wilder & Me will be directed by Oscar nominee Stephen Frear from a screenplay written by Oscar winner Christopher Hampton, based on Jonathan Coe’s novel of the same name. Waltz will be portraying Bill Wilder, who’s best known for directing a number of classics like Sunset Boulevard, Love in the Afternoon, Some Like It Hot and The Apartment.

Meanwhile, Hawke is co-leading as Calista. As for Turturro and Hamm, they will be playing the respective roles of Wilder’s screenwriting partner I.A.L. Diamond and actor William Holden. It is produced by Jeremy Thomas for Record Picture Company.

“The bittersweet drama starts out during a heady Greek summer, and sees Calista fall in love with cinema and life on a journey of self-discovery,” reads the film’s synopsis. “Thrilled by her new adventure, Calista follows Wilder to Munich and Paris to continue the shoot with leading actor William Holden, and experiences her first love. Realising his star is on the wane, Wilder navigates the changing world of cinema in the twilight of his career, while Calista’s career is just beginning. The time she spends in this glamorous, unfamiliar new life will change her forever.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced
Forum | 2 days ago

Sunny Dancer: The Last of Us’ Bella Ramsey Joins ‘Emotional Comedy’ Movie, More Cast Announced