One Piece Season 2 Gets Production Update From Sanji Actor

Forum 2 months ago

One Piece Season 2 Gets Production Update From Sanji Actor

During a recent interview with Digital Spy, One Piece star Taz Skylar finally shared a new update regarding the current status of the upcoming second season of Netflix’s hit fantasy series.

Skylar confirmed that the creative team already has “general dates” in mind for One Piece Season 2’s potential filming start, teasing the cast and crew will soon be returning to the show’s South Africa set.

“I know they’re working on it,” he said. “I know we have general dates so as to when we are going back to South Africa, which isn’t too long from now. I love the way that they’re adapting it, I love what they’re doing with each one of our characters.

Skylar continued, “We all as a cast, as a team, as a crew, we are so excited to get back together, because the first time was such a great experience and we made so many great friends. And we love South Africa, so we all can’t wait to go back there this year and hopefully knock it out of the park again.”

What to expect in One Piece Season 2?

One Piece Season 2 is expected to adapt the Arabasta saga, which will see Luffy, Nami, Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp finally entering the treacherous waters of the Grand Line. Lots of new characters are expect to appear in the next installment, including fan-favorites Tony Tony Chopper, Dr. Kureha, Captain Smoker, Princess Vivi, Nico Robin, Portgas D. Ace, Crocodile, Bon Clay, and more. At the moment, Netflix has not yet made any casting announcements for Season 2, but Oscar winner Jamie Lee Curtis previously expressed her interest in signing on to play Dr. Kureha.

The live-action One Piece series stars Iñaki Godoy as Luffy, Mackenyu Arata as Roronoa Zoro, Emily Rudd as Nami, Jacob Romero Gibson as Usopp, and Taz Skylar as Sanji. Joining them are Peter Gadiot as Shanks, Morgan Davies as Koby, Ilia Isorelýs Paulino as Alvida, Aidan Scott as Helmeppo, Jeff Ward as Buggy, Vincent Regan as Garp, Steven Ward as Mihawk, and more.

It is written and executive produced by Steven Maeda (The X-Files) and Matt Owens (Agents of SHIELD), with Maeda serving as the showrunner. Executive producers are Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios along with original manga author Oda.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 23 hours ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 23 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement