Fool Me Once Team Working on New Limited Series for Prime Video, Cast Set

Forum 2 months ago

Fool Me Once Team Working on New Limited Series for Prime Video, Cast Set

The team behind the Netflix hit Fool Me Once is set to reunite for an upcoming limited series on Prime Video. The project is from Harlan Coben, who wrote the book on which Fool Me Once is based, and Danny Brocklehurst, who wrote the adaptation. The limited series has the working title of Lazarus.

What’s Lazarus about, and who is in it?

The limited series is based on an original idea, with both Coben and Brocklehurst writing. Per the snyopsis, it “follows a man who returns home after his father’s suicide and begins to have disturbing experiences that can’t be explained. He quickly becomes entangled in a series of cold-case murders as he grapples with the mystery of his father’s death and his sister’s murder 25 years ago.”

The series, which will stream exclusively on Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide, is produced by Quay Street Productions and Amazon MGM Studios in association with Final Twist Productions. It comes after Fool Me Once recently garnered 84.9 million total views to become one of the streamer’s top shows, coming in at #8 on the Top 10 Most Popular English-language shows list.

“We were instantly drawn to Lazarus, from the brilliant minds of Harlan and Danny, fitting perfectly into our Pan-English strategy. I am confident that our global Prime Video customers will embrace it too,” said Rola Bauer, head of Pan-English scripted SVOD TV, Amazon MGM Studios. “Combining Director Wayne Yip’s vision with Sam, Bill, and Alexandra’s amazing talent, along with Nicola, Richard, and Quay Street as our award-winning production team, is a dream scenario.”

“Lazarus is a gripping series that captures your attention from the very beginning,” said Heather Curtis, current series executive Pan-English scripted SVOD TV, Amazon MGM Studios. “We’re thrilled to unite with Harlan, Danny, Quay Street, and the all-star cast of Sam Claflin, Bill Nighy, and Alexandra Roach to tell this compelling story for our global Prime Video customers.”

“Do I have to say more than the names Sam Claflin, Bill Nighy, and Alexandra Roach to express my excitement about this limited series? Lazarus is a story of loss, redemption – and the eternal bond between a parent and a child, even after death,” said Harlan Coben, writer and executive producer. “It is never anything less than a thrill to team up again with Danny Brocklehurst and Quay Street Productions.”

“Lazarus is a psychological thriller with an emotional spine. It’s about fathers and sons, love and loss. We have attempted to bring our trademark wit and warmth as well as twists galore,” said Danny Brocklehurst, writer and executive producer. “This is the first collaboration the team at Quay Street, Harlan and myself have done with Amazon and we are delighted to be partnering with them.”

“Harlan and Danny have created another wonderfully compelling story but this time with an eerie twist,” said Richard Fee and Nicola Shindler, executive producers for Quay Street Productions. “Lazarus has all the ingredients of a propulsive mystery thriller with an extra dose of atmosphere and psychological horror that makes it particularly gripping.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 1 day ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal
Forum | 1 day ago

Clipped Trailer: FX NBA Series Based on Donald Sterling Scandal