Trash Mountain: Lilly Wachowski Directing New Movie Starring Caleb Hearon

Forum 2 months ago

Trash Mountain: Lilly Wachowski Directing New Movie Starring Caleb Hearon

Lilly Wachowski is directing a new movie, Trash Mountain, starring Caleb Hearon.

Per Collider, Wachowski has signed on to direct a new movie titled Trash Mountain. Hearon wrote the screenplay with Ruby Caster, while Jurassic World’s Colin Trevorrow, Eddie Vaisman, and Julia Lebedev are producing the movie.

The movie follows a twentysomething gay man who lives in Chicago but must return home to Missouri following the death of his father, who was an “obsessive hoarder.”

“When my pal Caleb Hearon sent me Trash Mountain I leapt at the chance to direct it. So beautiful and sad and funny! Queer representation and stories are vital at this time as we are being shoved further into the margins. Our amazing writers, Caleb and Ruby are a shining light in all this dang darkness,” Wachowski said.

Trevorrow added, “Caleb Hearon and Ruby Caster are true originals and Lilly Wachowski is a living legend. I’m insanely lucky to call them collaborators and friends.”

What movies has Lilly Wachowski made?

Wachowski previously directed a number of beloved movies with her sister, Lana Wachowski, including 1999’s The Matrix, 2003’s The Matrix Reloaded, 2003’s The Matrix Revolutions, 2008’s Speed Racer, and 2012’s Cloud Atlas. They also co-created the Netflix series Sense8 with J. Michael Straczynski, which premiered in 2015 and ran for two seasons.

The last film Lilly and Lana made together was 2015’s Jupiter Ascending. Lana then went on to direct 2021’s The Matrix Resurrections, while Lilly directed, wrote, and executive produced several episodes of Showtime’s Work in Progress.

Hearon is best known as a comedian; though he’s starred in episodes of Work in Progress, FX’s Fargo, and more. He also played a minor role in 2022’s Jurassic World Dominion and starred in I Used to Be Funny, which premiered at South by Southwest in March 2023.

A release date for Trash Mountain has not yet been set.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins