Matt Damon Addresses New Jason Bourne Movie: ‘I Hope It’s Great’

Forum 2 months ago

Matt Damon Addresses New Jason Bourne Movie: ‘I Hope It’s Great’

Matt Damon says he’s as anxious to see what happens with the new Jason Bourne movie as everyone else.

Appearing on The Late Show with David Colbert, Damon opened up about the recent reports regarding a new Jason Bourne movie being in development.

“No details have been given to me,” Damon said. “No, no, no. There’s a great director, Edward Berger, who directed All Quiet on the Western Front. I don’t know if you saw it, it came out recently. Fantastic. German director, he’s wonderful. He said he had an idea.”

Noting that he was currently unsure whether or not he’ll be in the movie, Damon said, “I’d love to work with him. He’s working on it. I’m as anxious as you are to see if this thing — I hope it’s great and that we can do it.”

He also added, “At a certain point, someone’s going to need to take it over. I’m not getting any younger.”

What do we know about the new Jason Bourne movie?

In November 2023, Deadline reported that Berger, who directed the 2022 Academy Award-winning movie All Quiet On The Western Front, was in negotiations to direct and oversee the development of a new Jason Bourne movie. There’s been little news about the project since then, though Damon will seemingly have the option to reprise his role once the script is complete.

Damon first played Jason Bourne in 2002’s The Bourne Identity, which was directed by Doug Liman. He returned for two sequels, 2004’s The Bourne Supremacy and 2007’s The Bourne Ultimatum, which both came from director Paul Greengrass.

Jeremy Renner then led 2012’s The Bourne Legacy, directed by Tony Gilroy, before Damon returned to the role again in 2016’s Jason Bourne.

Berger is also working on a new thriller movie, Conclave, starring Ralph Fiennes, John Lithgow, and Stanley Tucci. Based on the 2016 novel of the same name by Robert Harris, Conclave does not yet have a release date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 2 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins