Hugh Grant Is Playing Tony the Tiger in Jerry Seinfeld’s Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story

Forum 1 month ago

Hugh Grant Is Playing Tony the Tiger in Jerry Seinfeld’s Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story

Hugh Grant is playing Tony the Tiger in Jerry Seinfeld’s Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story.

Per Empire Magazine, Grant is playing a “disgruntled Shakespearean actor” who reluctantly accepts a gig as Tony the Tiger in Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story, which releases on Netflix this May.

“That was the greatest part of the whole thing, honestly,” Seinfeld said of Grant’s casting. “Because I am a crazy fan of his.” He added, “[Hugh] asked me if it matters that Tony the Tiger has a British accent. I told him, ‘No, who cares?’”

Empire Magazine also shared an image of Grant’s character in the Tony the Tiger costume, which can be viewed below:

What do we know about Jerry Seinfeld’s Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story?

Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story marks Seinfeld’s directorial debut. Along with co-writing and producing the movie, Seinfeld also plays a Kellogg’s boss in Unfronsted: The Pop-Tart Story.

“Michigan, 1963. Kellogg’s and Post, sworn cereal rivals, race to create a pastry that will change the face of breakfast,” the movie’s synopsis reads. “A tale of ambition, betrayal, sugar, and menacing milkmen, Unfrosted stars Jerry Seinfeld in his directorial debut.”

Along with Seinfeld and Grant, the movie stars Melissa McCarthy, Jim Gaffigan, Amy Schumer, Max Greenfield, Christian Slater, Bill Burr, Daniel Levy, James Marsden, Jack McBrayer, Thomas Lennon, Bobby Moynihan, Adrian Martinez, Sarah Cooper, and Fred Armisen.

“Everybody I asked said ‘yes,’ so we ended up with this crazy cast,” Seinfeld said.

Seinfeld co-wrote the script for Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story with Spike Feresten, Barry Marder, and Andy Robin. Feresten and Beau Beauman also produce the film, while Robin, Marder, and Cherylanne Martin serve as executive producers.

Having been filmed in 2022 in Los Angeles, Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story releases in the United States on May 3, 2024, on Netflix.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha Appeals Conviction
Forum | 3 days ago

Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha Appeals Conviction

Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot
Forum | 3 days ago

Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’
Forum | 3 days ago

Jerry Seinfeld Says Movie Business Is ‘Over’