How to Train Your Dragon Star Teases Live-Action Adaptation’s Practical Sets

Forum 1 month ago

How to Train Your Dragon Star Teases Live-Action Adaptation’s Practical Sets

During a recent interview with Collider, Deadpool 2 star Julian Dennison opened up about his experience filming Universal Pictures’ upcoming live-action film adaptation of How to Train Your Dragon.

Dennison praised the creative team’s very thoughtful and hands-on approach on the project, while also teasing the massive practical sets that were made for the live-action remake of How to Train Your Dragon.

“They’re doing a good job, they’re making sure it’s done well. There’s a lot of heart, there’s a lot of feeling and there’s been a lot of conversations on set where they’re like, ‘Do we do this?'” he said. “And people have said ‘No, because the audience won’t like it’ and they’ve changed it, and they’ve done it. So they’re really staying true to what it is. So, I’m excited to see it. Yeah, it’s great.”

He continued, “I wrap in about two months. I think we wrap in May. We’ve been going for quite a long time, so they’re taking their time to make sure it’s done well. So, yeah, it’s exciting. A lot of practical sets, so it’s not like we’re standing in front of a blue screen. We’re there in these big buildings. They’ve built the arena. They’ve done their job properly.”

Who’s the cast of the live-action How to Train Your Dragon movie?

Based on Cressida Cowell’s children’s book series of the same name, the live-action How to Train Your Dragon movie is written, directed, and produced by Dean DeBlois. The film stars Mason Thames as Hiccup, Nico Parker as Astrid, Gerard Butler as Stoick the Vast, Nick Frost as Gobber the Belch, Julian Dennison as Fishlegs, Gabriel Howell as Snotlout, Browyn James as Ruffnut, Harry Trevaldwyn as Tuffnut and Rutth as Phlegma. Butler also played Hiccup’s Viking father in the animated franchise.

“For more than a decade, DreamWorks Animation’s epic animated film trilogy about the friendship between a young man and his dragon has moved, inspired, and delighted audiences worldwide,” Universal Pictures said in a statement. “Now, a new live-action adaptation of the blockbuster How to Train Your Dragon franchise will transport audiences for the first time into a new cinematic experience and a bold, thrilling new chapter in the beloved story of Viking Hiccup and his Night Fury dragon, Toothless.”

The film arrives in theaters on June 13, 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 23 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 23 hours ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG