Smile 2 Production Has Officially Wrapped

Forum 1 month ago

Smile 2 Production Has Officially Wrapped

During a recent interview with Screen Rant, The White Lotus star Lukas Gage confirmed that production on Paramount Pictures’ upcoming Smile 2 has finally been completed.

Gage also teased director Parker Finn’s “fresh” story for the horror thriller sequel, while praising the filmmaker’s knowledge about the genre. The film is currently slated to arrive in theaters on October 18, 2024.

“I just wrapped. We finished in upstate New York. It’s gonna be really good. I’m really excited for everyone to see that one,” Gage shared. “Doing a lot of sequels, it feels like, this year. The year of the sequel. I hope you like it. Parker Finn, the director of that, it was crazy how much he knows this genre of movies and how he was able to recreate it and make it fresh. It was such a cool formula to follow. How did nobody think to do that creepy smile face? My smile face is so good.”

Who’s involved in Smile 2?

Smile 2 is once again written and directed by Parker Finn. The film will star Naomi Scott (Aladdin), Dylan Gelula (Dream Scenario), Rosemarie DeWitt (Poltergeist), Raúl Castillo (Army of the Dead), and Miles Gutierrez-Riley. A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream alum Kyle Gallner will also be returning to reprise his role as Joel from the 2022 movie.

Smile was written and directed by Finn, based on the 2020 short film Laura Hasn’t Slept. It starred Sosie Bacon, Jessie T. Usher, Kyle Gallner, Caitlin Stasey, Kal Penn, and Rob Morgan. The first installment was not only a critical success, but it was also a huge hit at the worldwide box office with a gross of over $200 million against a reported budget of $17 million.

“After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Cotter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can’t explain,” reads the first film’s synopsis. “As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series

Fallout Season 2 Officially Confirmed for Amazon Prime Video
Forum | 1 week ago

Fallout Season 2 Officially Confirmed for Amazon Prime Video

Mercy Photos: Production Begins on Amazon’s Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Chris Pratt
Forum | 1 week ago

Mercy Photos: Production Begins on Amazon’s Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Chris Pratt

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 1 week ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series