7 Reasons Why People are obsessed with GOT (Game of Thrones)

Forum 5 years ago

7 Reasons Why People are obsessed with GOT (Game of Thrones)

Game of Thrones is unarguably one of the best series in the world. To be honest, there are so many fans out there that do not want this series to end and that includes me!. There are so many reasons why people want it to be continuous. Game of Thrones is catchy, exciting, intriguing. The Malice, The War, The Love, The Friendships, Family and many more factors contribute to the fact.

The cast of Game of Thrones is also another thing to look at. It is as if each character fits their role perfectly without anyone from the outside to play the role better.

If you are reading this and you have not watched the series up to the 7th, then I urge you to do so. I promise you won’t regret it. Season 1 - 7 spans across uncountable activities, deaths, battles, broken relationships and more which makes it addictive and why you are stuck with watching Game of Thrones series.

See The 7 Reasons Why You Are Obsessed With Game Of Thrones

Funnily enough, you might want to argue that you are not obsessed. But looking at it critically, you are. I am sure you have been counting the days to the final showdown which is the Season finale of Game of Thrones. Ask yourself, do really want this beautiful series to come to an end? Lol! There you have it, you don’t, but every beginning will always have an end.

My oh My! The characters are one of the best things that give Game of Thrones the attention worldwide. Each fan has a character he or she admires. As for me, I love Arya Stark! The way she carries herself, her charisma, the way she talks, to crown it all, she is fearless! Unlike her sister, Sansa Stark who seems to be the cool headed one. At a point in the series, fans began to hate her especially when she joined the Lannisters and even married Tyrion Lannister. Fans were furious! Like Tyrion? For real?

Watching these characters playing their roles so perfectly well will make you want to know them more. Within a short while, the popular characters like Jon Snow, Daenerys, The Lannisters, The Starks and more got massive followers on their social media handles. There you find ardent fans pouring out their hearts in the comment sections.

They had it all planned out, there was the funny, the cunny, the quiet, the hard one, the wicked one, the holy one, the loyal one...you just name it! It is all packed. If you meet a Game of Thrones fan today, ask them for their favourite character, they would definitely have one for you just like I do.

Another fact about Game of Thrones is that, there is no special treatment for any character. This was shown many times especially when Jon Snow died, before he was brought back to life, fans all over the world were already angry at the producers, lamenting that their favourite character has been killed.

There was even an incident where a police officer stopped Jon Snow and would only release him if he tells him whether he is actually dead or would be alive in the next season (6).

According to reports & statistics from Insider, you can check out the most popular characters in Game of Thrones for merchandise sales.

• Daenerys Targaryen (34.3%)
  • Jon Snow (22.2%)
  • Hodor (10.4%)
  • Tyrion Lannister (8.8%)
  • Arya Stark (4.3%)
  • Khal Drogo (3.8%)
  • Jaime Lannister (2.7%)
  • Brienne of Tarth (2.5%)
  • Cersei Lannister (2%)
  • Ned Stark (1.8%)
We all can see how much fans buy stuff related to Game of Thrones.

There are so many series out there that you have a hard time continuing because of a very unattractive storyline. With Game of Thrones, it is very different as they keep on dishing out different twists and turns keeping us all locked in. They have a unique way of connecting the characters together and linking the past to the present and also the future. Histories, manipulations, sword fights, battles, deceptions and more gives Game of Thrones the full package and makes us crave for more.

There is no way to guess what would happen next. We are always in for surprises as they keep on messing with our emotions.

Recently, Lady Brienne of Tarth said we are all going to need therapy after season 8! Whether she meant it or not, it has already increased the anticipation amidst fans. Everyone is waiting for April 14, 2019 for the Season 8 premiere.

Personally, when I start watching a series, I always do my analysis from the first episode. I switch to detective mode and keep predicting. Most times, if I do not get the answer, I am always close. But you see Game of Thrones, it is just toys with your emotions without permission.

Who could ever believe Jon Snow is a Targaryen? Like nobody saw that plot twist coming. You can not properly predict a 55-60 minutes episode talkless of a whole season.

For this reason, people find it interesting and also very annoying when people drop spoiler alerts all around because that's the only way to dampen your anticipation. I am pretty convinced that the next season will come with more twists to add up to the existing ones.

Like I said earlier on, there is no special treatment for any character. Once it is time to go, it is time!

Initially when I started watching Game of Thrones, I was really admiring Ned Stark. He was like a noble hero and the most righteous man. The way he talks, his audacity, loyalty and all good stuff. I thought he was even going to stay long. Only for him to not only be killed but beheaded!

It was then I knew anyone can go anytime. Any of your beloved character can be killed in any episode or season,.

Khal Drogo, who was like the don of season one was also killed easily from a wound infection.

Another painful death was that of Catelyn and Robb Stark. It was indeed a red wedding. The Starks never knew it was a trap to lure them in without any weapons and in an enclosed space where they would have no place to run or hide.

Just like fruits fall from trees, they all fell, one by one, Robb Stark was killed with crossbows then finally stabbed on his chest, Catelyn’s throat was slit without any form of mercy. Talisa, who was pregnant, was stabbed repeatedly on her belly, it was really horrible to watch. It was all planned by Lord Walder Frey as revenge, well, he got served by Arya Stark later on! So many fans cried out after that episode, especially the female fans.

In Game of Thrones, death can come for any one, any time, and any where.

These Big 3 are the characters that have added a lot of spice to the series. They are also the ones with a very large fan base.

You can not entirely compare them to other characters as they are really on another class entirely. Check the Big 3 below

• Jon Snow
Almost everyone watching the series loves Jon Snow. We all saw how he grew, from being an illegitimate son to night watch to the King in the North, and now, he is also a Targaryen and has full right to the Iron Throne. He was the favourite son amongst the Starks children. It made Catelyn, Ned Stark’s

wife jealous sometimes when her husbands treats Jon Snow like her own child.

Ned never told his wife Catelyn, that Jon Snow was the son of his sister, Lyanna Stark, the wife of Rhaegar Targaryen and the Prince of Dragonstone. He did that to protect him.

We have seen some spoilers that gives hints on Jon Snow turning to a white walker. We really hope that is not true, but it’s Game of Thrones! Anything can happen.

• Daenerys Targaryen
The woman with the golden her and mother of Dragons! No one crosses her part, but cersei is ready to challenge her. Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons. Only her is capable of having so much titles attached to her person.

Daenerys went from being a slave to the freer of slaves who owns 2 dragons. The third Dragon, Viserion is now owned by the Night King.

• Tryrion Lannister
A lannister always pays his debt”, This is one of the favourite quotes from Tyrion. Although he is a dwarf, but his mouth is his sword. He was a good negotiator, a diplomat, someone who could save himself with words from his mouth.

He was hated by his family, even is Father, before Tryion killed him with a crossbow. Tryrion was blamed for the death of their mother. He is an interesting character, we are sure to see more of him especially now that he is with the mother of Dragons.

There were lots of catchphrases in Game of Thrones. “Valar Morghulis” which means All men must die and “Valar Dohaeris” - All men must serve were my two favourite quotes.

Some other catchphrases from the series are;
“Winter is coming”
“A Lannister always repay his debts”
“What is dead may never die”

You can get more Quotes from Game of Thrones.

Another exciting thing about Game of Thrones is the fan-friends. You get to talk about the series. Sometimes even watch it together which makes the screaming or whatever emotions you are feeling more pronounced.

People would also want to watch it as it comes so their friends do not drop the spoilers for them. For this reason, fans find ways to download the episodes as fast as they can because in few minutes, Social media will be flooded with different spoiler alerts.

There you have it, reasons why you are effortlessly obsessed with Game of Thrones. I can relate trust me, I am stuck on it too.

Written By: Folorunso Kazeem Dolapo

Quick questions!? What do you think would happen if Jon Snow realizes he is the son of a Targaryen and as a result, can claim the Iron Throne!? What new turn do you expect his relationship with Daenerys to take? Drop your comments!!

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno
Forum | 12 hours ago

Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 13 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani
Forum | 13 hours ago

21 Savage Only Rapper on TIME’s 100 Most Influential People of 2024 Posted by Thandiubani

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 16 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted