The Last Thing He Told Me: Jennifer Garner Thriller Scores Season 2 Renewal at Apple TV+

Forum 1 month ago

The Last Thing He Told Me: Jennifer Garner Thriller Scores Season 2 Renewal at Apple TV+

Apple TV+ has officially announced the Season 2 renewal of its Jennifer Garner-led thriller drama The Last Thing He Told Me.

The next installment will be based on Laura Dave’s upcoming sequel to her bestselling 2021 novel, which will dropped in 2025. The renewal comes after nearly a year since the series wrapped up its 7-episode first season.

“Like so many people, I fell for Hannah on page one of Laura Dave’s gripping novel,” Jennifer Garner said in a statement. “The move to actor and producer from reader and super fan was delicious – and made even sweeter by collaborating with Laura, Josh, Reese, and everyone at Hello Sunshine, as well as the amazing teams at Apple and 20th. Being part of this group, not to mention part of such a stellar cast, was a career highlight for me. I’m thrilled to get to tell more of Hannah’s story – I couldn’t have said yes more quickly to season two! These characters and their story mean so much to me, as I know they do to the many who have championed our show; we’re excited to give audiences even more with this next chapter.”

Who’s involved in The Last Thing He Told Me?

The Last Thing He Told Me is created and written by married couple Dave and Oscar-winning screenwriter Josh Singer. Season 1 also starred Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Angourie Rice, Aisha Tyler, Augusto Aguilera, Geoff Stults, and John Harlan Kim. It is executive produced by Garner, Dave, Singer, Reese Witherspoon, and Lauren Neustadter. The adaptation’s all-female directing line-up includes Olivia Newman, Deniz Gamze Erguven, Daisy Von Scherler Mayer, and Lila Neugebauer. It hails from Hello Sunshine and 20th Television.

“Season 1 follows Hannah, a woman who must forge a relationship with her sixteen-year-old stepdaughter Bailey in order to find the truth about why her husband has mysteriously disappeared,” reads the logline.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’
Forum | 17 hours ago

Pierce Brosnan Goes All ‘James Bond’ in Spy Thriller ‘In The Wind’

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS
Forum | 1 day ago

The Equalizer Season 5 Ordered at CBS