Spain vs Brazil: Dani Carvajal dismisses racism claims after Vinicius broke down in tears

Forum 1 month ago

Spain vs Brazil: Dani Carvajal dismisses racism claims after Vinicius broke down in tears

Ahead of Spain’s international friendly against Brazil on Tuesday night, Dani Carvajal has refuted claims of racism within Spain despite recent incidents involving his Real Madrid teammate Vinicius Jr.

Vinicius, who will face Carvajal and Spain at the Santiago Bernabeu, emotionally addressed concerns of being targeted for racial abuse.

However, Carvajal asserted that Spain is not a racist country, highlighting its high level of integration and his own experiences growing up in a diverse neighborhood.

While acknowledging unfortunate instances of racism in football stadiums, Carvajal emphasized the need to prevent such individuals from attending matches.

He condemned the behaviour of those who use football as an outlet for anger and expressed hope that measures would be taken to eradicate racism from sports venues, labeling it as the ugliest aspect of the game.

“I don’t believe that Spain is a racist country, we have a very high level of integration,” Carvajal told the media ahead of Spain’s clash with Brazil.

“I come from a humble neighbourhood in Leganes, I grew up with kids from many nationalities without any problem, I have friends with different skin colours.

“Unfortunately, there are people who go to football matches to release their anger and rage. It’s a shame.

“Hopefully, those kinds of people won’t be able to enter stadiums because it is the ugliest thing you see in sports.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lady In Tears As Boyfriend Runs away With Her N100m A Month to Their Wedding
Forum | 3 days ago

Lady In Tears As Boyfriend Runs away With Her N100m A Month to Their Wedding

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension
Forum | 1 week ago

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 1 week ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy