Joey King Reflects Starring in The Kissing Booth and Taylor Swift’s Music Videos

Forum 3 weeks ago

Joey King Reflects Starring in The Kissing Booth and Taylor Swift’s Music Videos

Audiences practically saw Joey King grow up before their eyes. The actress, who can recently be seen starring as Halina Kurc in Hulu’s historical drama We Were the Lucky Ones, reflects on her stellar career, which she loves to view as “a time capsule.”

Having started acting at such a young age, King has appeared in a number of films and television shows like Crazy, Stupid, Love, The Conjuring, The Act, and the three The Kissing Booth installments. Though her co-star Jacob Elordi had been disparaging the Netflix rom-com, King told IndieWire that she’ll “always look at it very fondly.”

“Everyone’s different, of course, but I love viewing my career [as a] time capsule of what my life was like at the time. And whether I’ve moved on to projects that are different, either more mature, [or] different genres, I love looking back at my earlier films [like] ‘The Kissing Booth,’” said King.

She continued, “Very rarely do people have a literal film or television show that captures a moment of their life that they were in, that will always be there. And I find that to be so special. ‘Kissing Booth’ was a really huge time for me, and I’ll always look at it very fondly. I think those movies, they’re fun, they know what they are.”

Joey King played an outcast in Taylor Swift’s “Mean”

King had been in two “Speak Now” eras, one from its initial release and one from the Taylor’s Version. Over a decade after appearing as an outcast 10-year-old in the country hit “Mean,” the actress once again starred in a Taylor Swift music video, this time as a full-grown woman in “I Can See You” opposite Taylor Lautner and Presley Cash.

“I was in a Taylor Swift music video when I was 10 years old! How amazing is that?” she added. “Having that time capsule is so beautiful. And then having her ask me to come back for the re-recording of ‘Speak Now’ was so special. I’m so grateful that that video exists now and that I have that marker of time. And Taylor continues to be an inspiration to me, and so many women, and I’m just so, so lucky to be part [of it].”

We Were the Lucky Ones is now available to stream on Hulu.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck
Forum | 3 hours ago

The Instigators Images Preview Doug Liman Heist Thriller Starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck

Mufasa Cast Adds Mads Mikkelsen, Blue Ivy Carter, and More to Lion King Prequel
Forum | 3 hours ago

Mufasa Cast Adds Mads Mikkelsen, Blue Ivy Carter, and More to Lion King Prequel

Mufasa: The Lion King Trailer Previews Disney’s Prequel Movie
Forum | 3 hours ago

Mufasa: The Lion King Trailer Previews Disney’s Prequel Movie

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Clip Highlights Caesar’s Legacy
Forum | 22 hours ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Clip Highlights Caesar’s Legacy