First Mufasa: The Lion King Image Previews Barry Jenkins’ Disney Prequel Movie

Forum 3 weeks ago

First Mufasa: The Lion King Image Previews Barry Jenkins’ Disney Prequel Movie

The first image from Mufasa: The Lion King has been unveiled.

Revealed during Disney’s annual shareholder meeting, the first image from Mufasa: The Lion King teases Barry Jenkins’ upcoming prequel movie. Similar to 2019’s The Lion King, the film uses photorealistic computer-generated imagery that’s intended to look like a live-action film.

Check out the Mufasa: The Lion King image, via an X post from Culture Crave, below:

What do we know about Mufasa: The Lion King?

Mufasa: The Lion King was officially announced at the D23 Expo in 2022. Jenkins — known for 2016’s Moonlight and 2018’s If Beale Street Could Talk — is directing the movie, while the script was written by Jeff Nathanson.

“The movie will follow the rise of one of Pride Lands’ greatest kings, returns to the savannah where Rafiki tells Kiara – Simba and Nala’s daughter – the story of her grandfather, with some comments coming from Timon and Pumbaa,” the synopsis for the film reads.

Mufasa: The Lion King’s voice cast includes Aaron Pierre as Mufasa, Kelvin Harrison Jr. as Scar, Penny Johnson Jerald as Sarafina, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, Billy Eichner as Timon, and John Kani as Rafiki.

“I really knew this character, I loved him but then, as I was reading this wonderful script, I starting really thinking about Mufasa and why he’s great, and how people become great,” Jenkins said in 2022, via GamesRadar. “It’s crazy. I am not a king, I am not a king, but when I make my movies… I was onstage at the Oscars with Moonlight and five of my best friends from college was also there, and what you’ll learn in this story is that Mufasa is great because of the family and friends he has with him.”

Mufasa: The Lion King releases in United States theaters on December 20, 2024, from Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Glassworker Trailer Previews Pakistani Animated Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Glassworker Trailer Previews Pakistani Animated Movie

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Clip Highlights Caesar’s Legacy
Forum | 1 day ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Clip Highlights Caesar’s Legacy

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 3 days ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 3 days ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com