Toy Story 5 Release Date Set For Pixar Sequel Movie

Forum 3 weeks ago

Toy Story 5 Release Date Set For Pixar Sequel Movie

Disney has officially set the Toy Story 5 release date, confirming when the fifth entry in the iconic franchise will release in two years.

Originally set to release sometime in 2026, Disney has set the Toy Story 5 release date for June 19, 2026. The movie will be the latest in the legendary animated franchise since 2019’s Toy Story 4.

Currently, it’s unknown who will return for the film, but the original four films have all starred Tom Hanks as Woody and Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear. The news comes as Disney set the release date for a variety of other projects.

What do we know about Toy Story 5?

While not too much is known about Toy Story 5, Tim Allen said last year that Disney has reached out to both him and Tom Hanks to work on the film.

“Bob Iger, head of Disney, said that [Toy Story 5] was on. He actually said that it was going to happen,” Allen said. “They have reached out to Tom [Hanks] and I to reprise the roles. They’re not saying anything about it.

“What it is, for people like me, it’s just like I’m a sci-fi buff. You wonder if four was too many, is five going to be too much? According to the scuttlebutt, the writer that’s doing it wrote one of the better ones. He said, ‘If I didn’t get this right, I wouldn’t do it.’ So it could be a very, very interesting way to reunite it.”

In February 2023, Iger officially announced that Toy Story 5 was in the works. Pete Docter, the chief creative officer (CCO) for Pixar, told The Wrap about the upcoming sequel later that month, “I think it’ll be surprising. It’s got some really cool stuff that you haven’t seen before.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kraven the Hunter & Karate Kid Reboot Release Dates Delayed by Sony
Forum | 21 hours ago

Kraven the Hunter & Karate Kid Reboot Release Dates Delayed by Sony

Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family
Forum | 21 hours ago

Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Documentary About Real-Life The Zone of Interest Family

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 2 days ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 3 days ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture