Robert Downey Jr. Reveals if He Would Return to the MCU

Forum 3 weeks ago

Robert Downey Jr. Reveals if He Would Return to the MCU

Oppenheimer star Robert Downey Jr. has revealed whether or not he would return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

While speaking with Esquire, the movie star was asked if he would come back to the MCU now that he’s an Academy Award winner. For context, Downey Jr. won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor last month for his portrayal of Lewis Strauss in 2023’s Oppenheimer. The actor responded positively to the question before praising Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige.

“Happily. It’s too integral a part of my DNA,” Downey Jr. stated. “That role chose me. And look, I always say, Never, ever bet against Kevin Feige. It is a losing bet. He’s the house. He will always win.”

Robert Downey Jr. played Tony Stark/Iron Man from the original 2008 movie until Avengers: Endgame in 2019. The character headlined three solo movies and played a major role in Captain America: Civil War and in each of the Avengers movies.

When does the next Marvel Cinematic Universe movie come out?

The next movie in the MCU is Deadpool & Wolverine, which is set to release in theaters on July 26. It is directed by Shawn Levy from a screenplay written by by Ryan Reynolds, Levy Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, and Zeb Wells.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit
Forum | 6 hours ago

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple
Forum | 1 day ago

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race