Release Nnamdi Kanu, Don’t Be Like Buhari Who Had Personal Hatred Against Igbo People - House Of Reps Member Tells Tinubu

Forum 3 weeks ago

Release Nnamdi Kanu, Don’t Be Like Buhari Who Had Personal Hatred Against Igbo People - House Of Reps Member Tells Tinubu

President Bola Tinubu has been urged to release Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

The call was made by a member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia federal constituency of Abia State, Hon. Obi Aguocha.

He pleaded with President Bola Tinubu not to be blinded by hatred like his predecessor, Muhammadu Buhari.

He urged Tinubu to release the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

Waploaded reported on Sunday that Aloy Ejimakor, the lead counsel for Kanu had raised the alarm over secret recordings of his meetings and conversations with his client by the officials of the Department of State Services (DSS).

Ejimakor stated, “There is no way Nnamdi Kanu can get a fair trial under the current conditions of his detention which encourage the profound interference with his access to counsels and adequate facilities to conduct his defence. There is not going to be any fair trial in that kind of scenario. Impossible!”

Waploaded reported on Wednesday, April 3, that the family of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, had written an open letter to the South-East governors over the ‘unlawful and unjust detention’ of the separatist leader.

Waploaded reported on Wednesday, April 3, that the family of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, had written an open letter to the South-East governors over the ‘unlawful and unjust detention’ of the separatist leader.

According to the family, Kanu is being wrongfully held against his will. The family added that Kanu’s fundamental human rights had been violated under the watch of the governors, and therefore called on them to take urgent action to challenge his detention.

The letter written by one of Kanu’s brothers reads, “I am writing this letter with utmost urgency and deep concern regarding the unlawful and unjust detention of my brother Mazi Nnamdi Kanu."

The family had earlier revealed that the health condition of Kanu was fast deteriorating.

Waploaded had reported that since June 2021 when the former administration of Buhari seized Kanu in Kenya and renditioned him to Nigeria, the separatist leader had remained in the detention facility of Nigeria’s secret police, DSS.

But speaking while featuring on ABN TV, Aguocha described Kanu as a political prisoner, urging Tinubu to release him immediately.

He accused Buhari of having a personal hatred and vendetta against Igbo and urged Tinubu not to toe the path of his predecessor.

He said that despite several court orders directing that Kanu should be released, then-President Buhari denied the IPOB leader bail.

Aguocha, however, expressed optimism that Kanu’s situation would end up being resolved politically.

“All the crimes and criminality, banditry and kidnapping that are happening in the South East is because of the detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

“A lot of people are using his name to commit all these crimes and criminality. The peace in South East or the peace in Nigeria cannot go anywhere without the unconditional release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,” Aguocha said.

Aguocha who represents Kanu in the House of Representatives said in no distant time, his constituent will walk out of detention a free man.

He insisted that Kanu had not committed any crime that would warrant his incarceration.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Family Affair Photos Preview Zac Efron’s Netflix Rom-Com, Release Date Announced
Forum | 21 hours ago

A Family Affair Photos Preview Zac Efron’s Netflix Rom-Com, Release Date Announced

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Follow AGF’s Advice, Submit To EFCC – Group Tells Yahaya Bello