Minecraft: Jason Momoa Announces Wrapped Production on Live-Action Movie

Forum 2 weeks ago

Minecraft: Jason Momoa Announces Wrapped Production on Live-Action Movie

The upcoming Minecraft movie has finished filming.

On Instagram, Minecraft star Jason Momoa announced that the forthcoming live-action movie had wrapped production. “MINECRAFT WE ARE WRAPPING,” Momoa’s caption reads. “All my aloha to my crew and cast. Unbelievable movie experience truly one of the greatest times of my life. Too many laughs. I love this country. AOTEAROA New Zealand you are magical. Mahalo for letting me film here.”

Momoa is noticeably wearing a Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny shirt while standing next to Jack Black in the photo. He also goes on to share some details about how his company, So iLL, is raising funds for families in Lahaina impacted by the 2023 Hawaii wildfires.

View Momoa’s Instagram post below:

What do we know about the Minecraft movie?

Minecraft is directed by Jared Hess, who is known for making 2004’s Napoleon Dynamite, 2006’s Nacho Libre, 2009’s Gentlemen Broncos, 2015’s Don Verdean, and 2016’s Masterminds, along with a forthcoming animated Netflix movie called Thelma the Unicorn.

Shawn Levy, Rob McElhenney, and Peter Sollett were previously attached to the project before Hess was signed on to helm the film. Based on Mojang Studios’ popular video game, the script was written by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer.

Along with Momoa and Black (who is playing Steve), Minecraft stars Danielle Brooks, Sebastian Euge Hansen, Memma Myers, Jennifer Coolidge, Kate McKinnon, and Jemaine Clement.

Plot details remain under wraps at this time; although, Black previously confirmed he and Brooks will sing in the movie.

Minecraft is being produced by Mary Parent, Roy Lee, Jon Berg, Cale Boyter, Momoa, Torfi Frans Olafsson, Vu Bui, and the late Jill Messick, while Todd Hallowell, Kayleen Walters, Brian Mendoza, and Jonathan Spaihts serve as executive producers.

Minecraft releases in the United States on April 4, 2025, from Warner Bros. Pictures.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Igbenidion University announces 25th Anniversary
Forum | 2 days ago

Igbenidion University announces 25th Anniversary

ABUTH Zaria announces sales of school application forms, 2024/2025
Forum | 2 days ago

ABUTH Zaria announces sales of school application forms, 2024/2025

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 3 days ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed
Forum | 4 days ago

Valiant One: Chase Stokes and Lana Condor Lead New Action Movie, First Image Revealed