Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

Forum 2 weeks ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

Governor Siminalayi Fubara of Rivers State has hit hard at local government chairmen in the state for disrespecting him.

According to him, they are digging their political graves.

Recall that some LG chairmen in the state called the governor names following his crisis with the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike.

Fubara said the local government chairmen had dug pits they would fall into.

He issued the warning while directly addressing the Local Government Chairman of the Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State, Vincent Job, yesterday during the commissioning of the Comprehensive Primary Healthcare Centre.

Some local government chairmen had distanced themselves from Fubara-led state government functions following the crisis between the governor and Wike.

However, Fubara said: “I will not end by not saying this, I’m surprised that I saw the local government chairman of Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni Local government here.

“I’m really surprised because I know that, for a very long time now, any event that has to do with the state government, all the local government chairmen do not participate.

“I hope when you leave here, they are not going to sack you because I know, you’re not loyal to me. Are they not going to sack you?

“Or when you leave here, you will grant another press interview to say that it was not you, that it was your shadow.

“But let me say it here, every one of you who think that you’re disrespecting me, you’ve already dug your pit. You will fall inside it. That’s the truth.

“Our minds are very open. We do not wish anybody bad. But we expect you to know and do what is right.

“For those of you who have chosen to take the path that you think is that way that leads you on your career, safe journey.

“Siminalayi Fubara and his team will continue to take that course that God has given us, to flow in the direction that, one way or the other, we will get to our destination, and we will make our people proud.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 1 week ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

Tinubu’s Government Has Not Borrowed From CBN – Finance Minister
Forum | 1 week ago

Tinubu’s Government Has Not Borrowed From CBN – Finance Minister

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting
Forum | 1 week ago

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 1 week ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers