X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot

Forum 1 week ago

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot

As Marvel Cinematic Universe is anticipated to reboot the X-Men film franchise, X-Men ‘97 directors Chase Conley and Emi Yonemura have both expressed their interest in joining the endeavor should the opportunity arise.

In an interview with ScreenRant, Conley and Yonemura expressed their desire to tell the beloved mutants’ stories through live-action form.

“If that’s a call that we get, at some point, I’m going to pick up the phone, for sure,” said Conley, who has directed Episodes 2, 4, and 6 of X-Men ‘97.

Yonemura (director of Episodes 3, 5, 7, and 9) added , “I would never say no to that phone call because I love a good challenge, and I love trying new things.”

X-Men ‘97 did not stray too far away from its source material

X-Men ‘97, a reboot of X-Men: The Animated Series, debuted to positive reviews, with the creators receiving praise for their faithful adaptation of the original comic book series. So, of course, with Conley and Yonemura already expressing their interest in joining the live-action franchise — though both of them are much more experienced with animation — a movie with two of them involved is shaping up to be yet another faithful X-Men adaptation.

“The X-Men, a band of mutants who use their uncanny gifts to protect a world that hates and fears them, are challenged like never before, forced to face a dangerous and unexpected new future,” the logline for X-Men ‘97 reads.

The voice cast includes Jennifer Hale as Jean Grey, Cal Dodd as Wolverine, Ray Chase as Cyclops, Alison Sealy-Smith as Storm, George Buza as Beast, Matthew Waterson as Magneto, Lenore Zann as Rogue, A. J. LoCascio as Gambit, Holly Chou as Jubilee, Isaac Robinson-Smith as Lucas Bishop, Gui Agustini as Sunspot, and J. P. Karliak as Morph.

The first five episodes of X-Men ’97 Season 1 are now available to stream on Disney+.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Men Are Crazy But We Can’t Do Without Them – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 6 days ago

Men Are Crazy But We Can’t Do Without Them – Tiwa Savage