Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Forum 1 week ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Anyone But You stars Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell have revealed a secret that may have added to the film’s remarkable box-office success. Despite not being romantically involved with each other, Powell admitted to using his relationship rumors with Sweeney to the film’s advantage.

Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell affair rumors helped Anyone But You succeed

Glen Powell admitted that he and Sydney Sweeney “lean[ed] into” the affair rumors which “worked wonderfully.”

Opening up to the New York Times, Glen Powell revealed that he and his co-star used their “affair rumors” to promote the film. The Top Gun: Maverick actor said:

“The two things that you have to sell a rom-com are fun and chemistry. Sydney and I have a ton of fun together, and we have a ton of effortless chemistry.”

He continued:

“That’s people wanting what’s on the screen off the screen, and sometimes you just have to lean into it a bit — and it worked wonderfully.”

Anyone But You turned out to be a profitable venture for Sony, bringing in $219 million worldwide against a $25 million budget (via Deadline). A lot of elements led to its success, including a few smart marketing tactics involving the lead actors.

During the production and post-production stages of the romantic comedy film, rumors of the Powell-Sweeney fling began, suggesting that their romance wasn’t just limited to the screen. Popular gossip account DeuxMoi particularly speculated that Powell and his ex-girlfriend Gigi Paris broke up due to the actor’s romance with Sweeney after filming began.

Further, Gigi Paris unfollowing Sweeney on Instagram added more fuel to those rumors. However, a source told People that Paris unfollowed Sweeney because she “never followed her back.”

Despite Sweeney being engaged to restaurateur Jonathan Davino, who co-executive produced the film along with her, the rumors of her involvement with Powell continued to swirl.

Ultimately, the two actors gravitated toward rumors about them for the benefit of the film, which worked out for the best for everyone involved.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moses Bliss and wife, Marie Wiseborn fuel pregnancy rumors in new Canada arrival video
Forum | 1 day ago

Moses Bliss and wife, Marie Wiseborn fuel pregnancy rumors in new Canada arrival video

A Family Affair Photos Preview Zac Efron’s Netflix Rom-Com, Release Date Announced
Forum | 6 days ago

A Family Affair Photos Preview Zac Efron’s Netflix Rom-Com, Release Date Announced

Why I Do Not Promote Nudity In My Skits – Layi Wasabi Reveals
Forum | 1 week ago

Why I Do Not Promote Nudity In My Skits – Layi Wasabi Reveals

The Media Tries To Tarnish My Reputation - BBNaija
Forum | 2 weeks ago

The Media Tries To Tarnish My Reputation - BBNaija's Neo Reacts To Accusations Of Affair With Mabel Makun