Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Forum 1 week ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Dwayne Johnson has shared new behind-the-scenes images from the recording booth for Moana 2.

On Instagram, Johnson shared several new images showing him doing voice recording for Moana 2, which releases in November 2024.

“Bringing MAUI back to life for MOANA 2!” Johnson’s caption reads. “So much fun becoming MAUI again – a character that changed my life in many ways – including the character of MAUI being inspired by my late grandfather, High Chief Peter Maivia. The Polynesian cultural significance of the role and our story has touched families around the world and has easily become one of my truest honors to bring to life and share. New characters, new journeys, new music. Excited for you and your families around the world to join us on this journey. You will feel the mana.”

View Johnson’s Instagram post below:

What do we know about Moana 2?

Moana 2 is written and directed by David G. Derrick Jr. Along with Johnson, Auli’i Cravalho is reprising her role as Moana in the movie, while further casting information is unknown at this time.

“Walt Disney Animation Studios’ epic animated musical Moana 2 takes audiences on an expansive new voyage with Moana, Maui and a brand-new crew of unlikely seafarers,” reads the film‘s synopsis. “After receiving an unexpected call from her wayfinding ancestors, Moana must journey to the far seas of Oceania and into dangerous, long-lost waters for an adventure unlike anything she’s ever faced.”

The original Moana was released in United States theaters in November 2016. Directed by John Musker and Ron Clements, it made approximately $687.2 million at the global box office. Along with the upcoming sequel, a live-action Moana adaptation directed by Thomas Kail is in the works and expected to be released in 2026.

Moana 2 releases in United States theaters on November 27, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moses Bliss and wife, Marie Wiseborn fuel pregnancy rumors in new Canada arrival video
Forum | 2 days ago

Moses Bliss and wife, Marie Wiseborn fuel pregnancy rumors in new Canada arrival video

KASU update on returning and new students
Forum | 2 days ago

KASU update on returning and new students' registration

New The Acolyte Trailer Celebrates Star Wars Day
Forum | 2 days ago

New The Acolyte Trailer Celebrates Star Wars Day

Jackpot Images Preview New Paul Feig Movie With John Cena, Awkwafina
Forum | 2 days ago

Jackpot Images Preview New Paul Feig Movie With John Cena, Awkwafina