"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

New Jurassic World Movie Adds Rupert Friend to Cast

Forum 3 weeks ago

New Jurassic World Movie Adds Rupert Friend to Cast

Obi-Wan Kenobi star Rupert Friend is the latest to join the cast of Universal’s Jurassic World 2025 sequel directed by Godzilla’s Gareth Edwards. The actor will reportedly star alongside Scarlett Johannson in the new Jurassic World movie, which is set to release next year.

English actor Friend is best known for playing George Wickham in the 2005 adaptation of Pride & Prejudice alongside Keira Knightley. More recently, he played The Grand Inquisitor in Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

He’s also been a frequent collaborator with Wes Anderson. He appeared in the director’s Netflix short films as well as feature-length titles The French Dispatch and Asteroid City. He’s also had notable roles in A Simple Favor, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, and The Death of Stalin.

The new Jurassic World movie has been steadily building up its cast. It features an all-new storyline promised for the franchise that began in 1993 with Steven Spielberg’s classic blockbuster Jurassic Park. While this is effectively Jurassic World 4, the confirmed cast contains no major players from the previous Jurassic World Cast. So there is no Chris Pratt or series stalwart Jeff Goldblum. But it’s not without its star power.

Rupert Friend reunites with Scarlett Johansson in Jurassic World 2025 cast

Jurassic World 2025 sees Rupert Friend reunited with Asteroid City co-star Scarlett Johansson, who plays Zora Valankova in the movie. The interesting new cast is sure to freshen up the franchise with a mixture of recognizable faces and newer names.

Among the fresher faces included are Bridgerton star Jonathan Bailey, The Lincoln Lawyer‘s Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, and Baby Reindeer creator and star Richard Gadd. The Invisible Man’s Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Mortal Kombat’s Mehcad Brooks, plus veteran actors Joel McHale (Ted, Spider-Man 2) and Tobin Bell (Saw) help round out the cast.

Glen Powell recently revealed he’d turned down a role in the movie, saying, “It’s one of the things I’ve wanted to do my whole life. I’m not doing that movie because I read the script and I immediately was like, my presence in this movie doesn’t help it.”

As it stands, there are no plot details on the as-yet-untitled Jurassic World 4. All we have is the promise of it being set in a new era and containing an all-new storyline.

The new Jurassic World movie is written by Jurassic Park’s David Koepp. Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, and Patrick Crowley are the executive producers of the film. Director Gareth Edwards will likely be a safe pair of hands for this latest entry in the franchise. He’s heavily entrenched in both sci-fi and monster movies in the past with Godzilla, Monsters, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and 2023’s The Creator.

Jurassic World 4 will be the seventh entry in the franchise and is currently set to hit US theaters on July 2, 2025.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Benicio del Toro Cast in New Paul Thomas Anderson Movie With Leonardo DiCaprio
Forum | 2 days ago

Benicio del Toro Cast in New Paul Thomas Anderson Movie With Leonardo DiCaprio

Creature Commandos’ James Gunn Gives New Story Details, Explains Peacemaker Connection
Forum | 2 days ago

Creature Commandos’ James Gunn Gives New Story Details, Explains Peacemaker Connection

Atomic Monster, Blumhouse & New Line Unite for Evil Dead Rise Director’s New Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Atomic Monster, Blumhouse & New Line Unite for Evil Dead Rise Director’s New Horror Movie

Trap Release Date: M. Night Shyamalan’s New Movie Moved Up
Forum | 2 days ago

Trap Release Date: M. Night Shyamalan’s New Movie Moved Up