David Lynch Teases New Project Coming Next Month

Forum 4 weeks ago

David Lynch Teases New Project Coming Next Month

Acclaimed filmmaker David Lynch (Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive) shared a cryptic video on social media, announcing that there will be a secret project set to be unveiled this coming Wednesday, June 5, 2024.

“Ladies and gentleman, something is coming along…. for you to see and hear,” Lynch said in the video. “And it will be coming along on June 5.”

It has already been nearly a two decades since Lynch went on a hiatus from directing feature-length movies. His last feature directorial project was 2006’s Inland Empire, which was a psychological thriller starring Laura Dern. In addition, Lynch recently expressed his hopes of making his long-delayed animated film Snootworld in the future, even though the project already got rejected by Netflix.

David Lynch’s Reaction to Denis Villeneuve’s Dune Movie

In 1984, Lynch directed a film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s Dune novel, which was led by Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Atreides. Despite the novel’s critical success, the film failed to impressed fans during its initial theatrical run. However, as the time went by, it eventually gained a cult following. When the first installment to Denis Villeneuve’s Dune reboot was released, Lynch admitted that he has “zero interest” in watching the Timothee Chalamet-led adaptation.

“Because it was a heartache for me,” Lynch explained. “It was a failure and I didn’t have final cut. I’ve told this story a billion times. It’s not the film I wanted to make. I like certain parts of it very much — but it was a total failure for me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nobody 2: Bob Odenkirk Action Sequel Finds New Director
Forum | 6 hours ago

Nobody 2: Bob Odenkirk Action Sequel Finds New Director

New Karate Kid Movie Wraps Production, Ralph Macchio Celebrates With Photo
Forum | 10 hours ago

New Karate Kid Movie Wraps Production, Ralph Macchio Celebrates With Photo

U-17 WWC: Flamingos to face Dominican Republic, Ecuador, New Zealand in Group A
Forum | 1 day ago

U-17 WWC: Flamingos to face Dominican Republic, Ecuador, New Zealand in Group A