Jeremy Renner Reveals Why He Left Mission: Impossible, Talks Return Possibilities

Forum 4 weeks ago

Jeremy Renner Reveals Why He Left Mission: Impossible, Talks Return Possibilities

Jeremy Renner was a notable part of the ensemble in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. However, the actor didn’t reprise his role as William Brandt in Mission: Impossible – Fallout and remained absent in Dead Reckoning. With the eighth installment in development, he reveals why he exited the franchise and whether he’d be willing to return in the future.

Jeremy Renner addresses leaving Mission: Impossible after Rogue Nation

Jeremy Renner will soon make a return to acting following his snowplow accident. He has also opened up about why he left the Mission: Impossible franchise. Promoting the upcoming third season of The Mayor of Kingstown, he spoke to Collider and was asked about his Mission: Impossible exit.

He said, “Yeah. I had to leave that. I was supposed to do more with them.” He continued:

“I love those guys. I love Tom [Cruise] so much. We had so much fun, and I love that character a lot. It requires a lot of time away. It’s all in London. I had to go be a dad. It just wasn’t gonna work out then.”

As a result, the actor chose to be a part of productions such as Avengers: Endgame, Hawkeye, and others that were largely based in the US.

Will Jeremy Renner return in Mission: Impossible 8?

In the Collider interview, Renner also continued to say that he would be happy to return as William Brandt in future Mission: Impossible movies. He said:

“Maybe now that my daughter is older that could happen. I’d always jump into a Mission: Impossible anytime and back into Brandt. It’s great.”

He didn’t confirm whether he would be a part of the upcoming Dead Reckoning sequel, which has been mostly shot. But with a bit of production still yet to be concluded, and Renner having recovered from his injuries, he could be added for a cameo or a smaller role to tie up a few loose ends.

Jeremy Renner could also still be the actor to carry the Mission: Impossible franchise forward if Cruise finally decides to pass the baton beyond the next film, which is scheduled to arrive on May 21, 2025. Meanwhile, The Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 begins streaming on June 2, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jeremy Renner Discusses ‘Emotional’ Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Production Following Accident
Forum | 7 hours ago

Jeremy Renner Discusses ‘Emotional’ Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Production Following Accident

Biography & Career Of Jeremy Fernandez
Forum | 12 hours ago

Biography & Career Of Jeremy Fernandez

Chivido 2024: Davido reveals that Lati introduced him to Chioma
Forum | 20 hours ago

Chivido 2024: Davido reveals that Lati introduced him to Chioma

Mike & Nick & Nick & Alice Cast: James Marsden in Talks to Join Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Mike & Nick & Nick & Alice Cast: James Marsden in Talks to Join Comedy