Jennifer Love-Hewitt in Talks for New I Know What You Did Last Summer Movie Cast

Forum 3 weeks ago

Jennifer Love-Hewitt in Talks for New I Know What You Did Last Summer Movie Cast

More than a quarter of a decade later and Jennifer Love-Hewitt could be back in an I Know What You Did Last Summer movie cast.

Jennifer Love-Hewitt has revealed she is in talks to reprise her role as Julie James in the latest I Still Know What You Did Last Summer movie. She disclosed the news in an exclusive interview with Entertainment Tonight. In the interview, Ghost Whisperer star Love-Hewitt explained its early days of talks. It’s also been a bit overwhelming, if exciting, for her.

” It’s in the cooker, let me just say that. I’ve done a couple of preliminary phone calls. I keep getting these messages from people going, ‘We’re so excited!’ I’m like, ‘Okay, but the train is moving really fast, and I haven’t gotten there yet.’ But it’s nice to know that people are excited at the possibility. Honestly, it’s wild to even think about. Truly, if it comes together, I don’t even know how I’m gonna feel except extremely overwhelmed and grateful” said the actress.

So it’s not set in stone that she’ll join the I Know What You Did Last Summer cast. But it’s promising.

Jennifer Love-Hewitt terrified of potential I Know What You Did Last Summer return

Jennifer Love-Hewiit also reflected on how much things have changed since the first two films. The prospect terrifies her, but she’s also relishing what that could bring to the role in a new I Know What You Did Last Summer movie.

”Honestly, terrified because it’s 26 years later. There’s power in being older, there’s power in having gone off and had 3 kids and there’s a sense of, ‘I can do anything now.’ The vulnerability that was Julie James in 1 and 2 definitely doesn’t exist in this one, I don’t think. I’m excited to just show her grown up. I think she’s gotta go nuts. I don’t know who she’s fighting, but whoever it is is not gonna stand a chance.”

”Between me and a stunt double, we got this. I don’t play Julie James dead. That’s what I’m saying. I’ve said that at 18, and I’m gonna say it now at 45 so it doesn’t happen. If it all works out and (the movie) happens, I am ready to bring her back with 26 years of angst, knowledge, kick-assery, which I am turning into a word, and have some fun with it.“

Who is making the I Know What You Did Last Summer movie?

The new I Know What You Did Last Summer movie is directed by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson. She previously made 2019’s Someone Great and 2022’s Do Revenge. Robinson also co-wrote Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder, which was released in 2022, with Taika Waititi.

Leah McKendrick is writing the script for the upcoming horror flick, while Neil Moritz serves as a producer. Plot details remain largely under wraps at this time. Deadline had previously reported that Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar are expected to reprise their respective roles as well.

The new I Know What You Did Last Summer movie will be released on July 18, 2025, from Sony.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Cross River: Gov Otu appoints new chair of Traditional Rulers Council
Forum | 3 days ago

Cross River: Gov Otu appoints new chair of Traditional Rulers Council

Mark Wahlberg & Paul Walter Hauser Go Balls Up in New Peter Farrelly Comedy Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Mark Wahlberg & Paul Walter Hauser Go Balls Up in New Peter Farrelly Comedy Movie

Batman: Caped Crusader Video Reveals Cast, New Batman Voice Actor
Forum | 4 days ago

Batman: Caped Crusader Video Reveals Cast, New Batman Voice Actor

The Night Manager Season 2 Returning Cast Includes Olivia Colman & 4 More
Forum | 4 days ago

The Night Manager Season 2 Returning Cast Includes Olivia Colman & 4 More